cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LordOdin
Adept II

Driver Issue

I play Fallout 76 quite a lot and everything has been fine till this morning. I was playing and the game crashed to Desktop and came up with a driver error and asked if i wanted to send a report to AMD, which i did. I tried the game again and it crashed again this time on the loading screen, it's a bit weird because it's been playing great for the past week or 2. I started in Safe Mode and used DDU to remove the old Drivers then reinstalled them again. I haven't tried the game again as i wanted to come on here to check out some thoughts and opinions first. If it persists would i be alright to use an older driver till i know what's happening.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
LordOdin
Adept II

Everything still seems fine so will mark this as sorted now. Thanks for the help and advice.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

If the older driver supports the game without problems and you can run all your other apps fine then go ahead and install the previous AMD driver.

Many Users needed to downgrade their AMD Driver because the latest one is too buggy on their PCs.

Besides, the only time you really need to update a driver is if a specific App or Game requires a newer version or the newer driver fixes a problem you are having.

xlox
Forerunner

driver crashing doesn't mean driver problem , it's certainly a consequence of another problem , can you send us your hardware configuration details

0 Likes

Been playing it the past couple of days since re-installing the driver and everything seems ok again. The game itself isn't one of the best out there still having bugs etc which are still annoying, the problem only happened while playing this. I will try and figure out how to get and post my hardware configuration on here. Thanks for your help and advice so far.

good news ! if reinstalling drivers solved your probkem i think you can mark your answer as solved

0 Likes

Don't want to rush and says it's solved for it to happen again, everything seems ok but it did before it crashed. I will give it another few days.

sure , just saying given the description you make, i think we can be pretty confident, that's how things goes usually ... as i said before , in most case the issue can be solved easy ... and thinking drivers are bad or bugged (except about known issues) is USUALLY a wrong direction for resolving issues rapidly, just have to check some basics usually depending on symptoms

0 Likes
LordOdin
Adept II

Everything still seems fine so will mark this as sorted now. Thanks for the help and advice.