cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Evan3
Adept I

Driver HD7770 (windows 7)

When I install the driver on the HD 7770, windows does not start after restarting.(There is a black screen after the logo).
The driver is from the official website and fits the video card and Windows.
What to do?

0 Likes
11 Replies

Did you download it from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7770-g...

Also use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting the AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD BEFORE installing the current AMD Driver.

I did everything as you said. It didn't help.

0 Likes

First please post your PC information.

See if a previous AMD Driver will work. It is possible that the latest Win 7 driver is not compatible from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd...

By the way, Windows 7 needs to be fully updated via Windows Update for the AMD drivers to work correctly.

0 Likes
Evan3
Adept I

Windows is new, I need to put the driver on the video card, but it does not start. The screenshot is in Russian, but I think everything is clear there.photo.PNG

0 Likes
Evan3
Adept I

photo2.PNG

0 Likes

`From Device Manager your Display AMD driver is installed without errors.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 114516.png

What is:

Screenshot 2022-12-03 192050.png

That is showing that hardware driver is having problems which is probably what is causing your problems.

Can you translate the above hardware and drivers that have the error?

0 Likes
Evan3
Adept I

If that's what you're talking about:

пппп.PNGMultimedia controller and Multimedia video controller

0 Likes
Evan3
Adept I

The error is that they do not have drivers installed

0 Likes

That is why you are having problems.

What is Device Manager Error code for those two drivers that have problems?

You need to find drivers for those Motherboard video Controller hardware first and go from there:

Found this 2018 Microsoft Forum thread with the exact same errors for the same hardware in Win7: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multimedia-controller-and-multimedia-video/5ca...

The above thread concerns Win 10 but still applies to Win 7

Have you tried updating the driver from Device Manager?  See if Windows 7 has any native drivers for your Video Controller via Device Manager.

How do I download a video controller driver?
In the Device Manager, right click Video Controller and then click Update Driver Software. Now select Browse my computer for driver software. In the next window, click the Browse button, navigate to the location where you've saved the driver file and select it. Click Next and follow onscreen instructions.

Go to your Motherboard's Support site and see if they have any drivers for your video Controller for Windows 7 x64.

NOTE: Your problem is not the VGA AMD driver your problem is you don't have compatilbe Multimedia and Video Controller drivers installed.

Once you install compatible Win7 drivers for both hardware and there are no more errors in Device Manager your PC should have Video output from your GPU.

0 Likes

If you post the Multimedia and Video Controller Hardware ID's I can look it up for you to tell you which manufacturer you will need to go to download the Win 7 drivers for your motherboard.

0 Likes
Evan3
Adept I

Sorry I didn't reply, the site didn't send messages. With the help of driver update programs, I fixed all the errors except the graphics card driver. When installing the graphics card driver, Windows stops working.