cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Diegohag
Journeyman III

Driver failure with two monitors

I will try to explain myself as best as possible. I have a Ryzen 7 5700g with integrated graphics and a Radeon RX 570 as dedicated graphics. A monitor connected via hdmi to the Radeon RX 570 and a monitor connected via D-SUB or VGA to the Ryzen 5700g integrated. The reason for having it like this is that the secondary monitor is a bit old and only has a D-SUB connector that the dedicated Radeon RX 570 does not have. The problem is that from time to time the driver crashes and one or both screens turn off for a few seconds and go back to normal. I think there is a kind of conflict as both boards use the same controller. Before I had an I5 7400k with integrated graphics and this did not happen. If I install the Radeon software this happens a lot but if I let Windows download the drivers even though it keeps happening it is not as annoying or frequent. Does anyone have an idea what it can be? Is there anything I can do without involving monitor change? As an addition I will say that I have already tried several HDMI adapters but they have not worked with Windows, with Linux (Ubuntu) but there is no way that the two monitors work in Windows. If someone can give me a hand already grateful.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Quanifi
Journeyman III

Upgrade the old monitor and your issue should resolve....

0 Likes

Yes i know but, if with Intel works perfect. Why should i throw away a perfect monitor? Maybe it has no practical solution but as it is, everything should work without problems.

0 Likes