cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sreeni99
Journeyman III

Driver Crashing while playing non intensive games

I have a XFX RX 580 GTS Black Edition and i get some weird driver crashing for months now.
My PC:

ASUS P6X58D-E (newest BIOS)
Xeon X5670 @4.2GHz

24GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

1x 240GB SSD

2x Harddrives

AGON AG251FZ @240Hz via DP (Freesync off)

Fujitsu SL3230T @60Hz via HDMI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I modded my 580 with liquid metal and applied some washers to slightly increase the mounting pressure.

My 580 is undervolted so these are my settings Inside wattman:

Freq (all factory OC'ed):   600      900      1200      1275      1320      1365      1405

Volt.:                 765      885      1000      1000      1000      1000      1000

Mem:

Mem-Timing-Lvl 2

Freq:      2050

Volt.:        900

Fans are managed by MSI Afterburner:
Card is never overheating, remember we are talking about non intensive games.

Power.: +20%   (tried with +50% but changed nothing)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested those settings in heaven benchmark for 20 minutes and i never ever got any black screen or any problem at all, no stuttering no nothing.

And i tested those settings in 15 minutes FurMark and got no problem at all.

So how is it that the most intense benchmarks that literally burn my card cannot cause the blackscreen but in that case WoW Vanilla does.

I saw those logs from the event manager and linked them here. Maybe you know more then me.

Driver Clean Reinstall already tried. Reinstalling with only 1 monitor, no success.

It's kinda weird because it happend from 1 day to other and i can't remember what driver version i was on when i had no problem or if it is the same problem.

I will be trying to play with stock voltages and see if that changes something but the thing that sometimes it crashes within 2 hours sometimes 8h.

I will report back and appreciate every attempt to help.

Thanks

0 Likes
0 Replies