cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kimikelku
Adept I

Driver crashing everytime a game and a video play at the same time

I have a rx5700, and with the latest  update (21.2.2 ) the driver keeps crashing if a video (youtube/twitch) is playing simultaneously with having a game running.

For what i tested, any browser triggers the problem (firefox/brave/chrome), with the games (league of legends/cyberpunk 2077).

7 Replies
nordvargr
Adept III

Same here with my 5700XT,

I get black screen and then driver timeout error when video is playing in the background (via youtube).

Tested in World of Warcraft. Browser is Firefox.

Issue occurs on both Adrenalin 21.2.2 and 21.2.3

dylanoco1
Adept I

5600 XT Here, same issue.

hope you find a fix

0 Likes
TasoFroo
Adept I

The same problem with ALL RX 400/500 series. if I watch a video in any browser the drivers fail, the pc freezes and then restarts, it is incredible that something as simple as watching a video is able to make the graphics malfunction. the problem started 2 weeks ago and I have sent more than 100 logs to AMD but they do absolutely nothing.

Yes I can confirm this, I also noticed that this issue started around 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes

ive sent an email to them, hoping to get a reply soon. will come back to this thread if anything.

atm i have undervolted my GPU, and it hasnt crashed atm ! (not saying this fixes it)

Just wanted to update you guys that after I downgraded to Adrenalin 20.11.2 the issue disappeared.

0 Likes
milanamd
Adept II

I'm on 22.9.1 and ever since I bought RX 6700 XT I've been having same issue. Tested with 3 previous versions of Radeon software. Still the same.

0 Likes