Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Driver Crash - Far Cry Primal

Hello!

I'm getting constant and reproductible driver hangs on the latest version - 16.2.1 on my Radeon R9 380 Series, with 4GB VRAM on Windows 10 x64 in a easy to repro way. Sometimes the system recovers, sometimes not

Basically when you're up north, near a fire there's a high chance the GPU will hang, even on the lowest graphical settings.

Anyway, I've posted this here since I did manage to get some dumps and a big manual dump for when the game froze, and I hope I can identify what went wrong and why the driver crashed. I'd expect the app to crash if it did something bad

I've attached the dump and the DX DIAG file and an older dump created by the watchdog when it reboots the driver.

The manual triggered crash is accesible here: http://1drv.ms/1TSsRlZ

Thanks,

Adrian.

0 Kudos
41 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Driver Crash - Far Cry Primal

Same here, have a R9 380 and I just can't take two steps around the snowy regions, the driver will stop responding and I've tried everything to fix it to no avail, I am on Windows 7. I have seen other people on Ubisoft's forums with the same card and the same problem as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Same here on R9380 far cry primal go in balck sreen on snow.

Game it's umplayable, black screen and forze reboot.SOME TIME WE HAD MESSAGE tdr

Please RESOLVE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

acpopescu wrote:

Hello!

I'm getting constant and reproductible driver hangs on the latest version - 16.2.1 on my Radeon R9 380 Series, with 4GB VRAM on Windows 10 x64 in a easy to repro way. Sometimes the system recovers, sometimes not

Basically when you're up north, near a fire there's a high chance the GPU will hang, even on the lowest graphical settings.

Anyway, I've posted this here since I did manage to get some dumps and a big manual dump for when the game froze, and I hope I can identify what went wrong and why the driver crashed. I'd expect the app to crash if it did something bad

I've attached the dump and the DX DIAG file and an older dump created by the watchdog when it reboots the driver.

The manual triggered crash is accesible here: http://1drv.ms/1TSsRlZ

Thanks,

Adrian.

I am having exactly this problem as well, and my setup is the same as Adrian's: Radeon R9 380 series, 4GB VRAM, Windows 10 x64, 64-bit OS. At first I thought it was random lockups, but discovered I could reproduce it easily every time I tried to approach the same bonfire that I was trying to capture, located in the north. Actually I'm glad to see others are having this problem, since I just installed the card this week and was worried it was defective.

I have tried several different solutions, driver versions, etc., including using the cleanup utility to make sure I got a completely clean install. Nothing helped. It happens with the most recent WHQL certified drivers (15.12?) as well as current beta drivers (16.2.1). The screen freezes for two seconds, then my monitor (TV actually) displays "No signal". I can't get anything to display again, so I have to power down and reboot. Windows Event Viewer always records "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered" (though apparently the card still doesn't send out an HDMI signal). MSI Afterburner also consistently recorded the same results during my testing.

Adding my voice to the chorus: Please fix! Thanks.

Lorne

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

exactly same issue here, happens in either the snow area or the brownish area. guaranteed crash if i go near a fire but sometimes its jus random with no fire in sight..  still no fix

r9 380 2gb windows 7 crimson 16.2.1.

gpu stops responding leading to black screen. i can end task on task manager but the exe process will stay active forcing me to end that b4 trying again. crashes EVERY TIME making the game unplayable. other than that the game runs very nicely with 50+fps most of the time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

I remember with Farcry 3 I had a similar problem. The solution was to bump up the voltage +15mV.

Dunia engine needs a lot of volts and this is Dunia 2 I believe.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I'm experiencing the same issue. Game ran extremely smooth up until the point I got to a more northern part of the map, now it crashes after at most 15 minutes.
Display driver crashes (computer keeps running, sound still playing normally). R9 380 card with 4GB (asus strix), using  15.12 driver.

I've started a new game just to make sure, issue doesn't occur then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Game crash only when there are snow or in snowy region. Particularry when you see fire.

It's umplayable, i've tried everithing, game just crash every time on snowy region with fire

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

still not even an acknowledgement of the problem from amd

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Ir's possible that no one have a reply?