cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

makeitorbreakit
Journeyman III

Driver and Game graphics issues

Just got a new gaming laptop. First time ALL AMD machine. Here are my specs.

System Model: Alpha 15 A4DEK

Graphics: RX 5600M

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H w/ radeon graphics

I had to reset my PC recently because I felt my games and drivers were not right.

My question, is it better to update drivers through windows updates or the AMD website? I was always on top of driver updates either through the website or windows updates, even though i wasn't actual certain If i was downloading the right ones.

Also, If i do go through the website, what options to i click on? Graphics? Chipset? processors with graphics?

I feel I downloaded the wrong drivers or didn't download ALL the drivers i needed before. I was experiencing texture pop ins in CSGO and anti-aliasing issues like the shimmering effect you see in textures in the distance because of all the jagged edges. Yes, my game settings were right. Whenever I opened WOLFENSTEIN 2, it said i have driver 0.0.00.00 (or whatever) every single time. Frames were always were they should in the games, some stuttering occasionally happened, and pop ins on a 15 year old game engine (CSGO) didn't make sense. My system information always had my driver saying 0.0.00.00.

Thank you ahead of time. I want to play my games without all these problems.

0 Likes
0 Replies