cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Rad1
Journeyman III

Driver & software section not appearing in radeon software and app unable to detect driver updates

pc:

Huawei Matebook D15

Ryzen 5 4500u

with integrated graphics

8gb RAM

256gb SSD

Radeon Software version: 21.2.1 and 2021.0127.0043.1311 (I didn't know which one to put so I put both but it's the latest version I think)

I clicked on "check for updates" option under the driver & software section in the radeon software and it says I am up to date. I checked for driver updates on PC Manger (comes with huawei laptops) and it says my drivers are up to date. However, in Device Manger, I checked for updates for my iGPU and there was an update available and it installed. However, once I installed the update for my iGPU driver, the driver & software section in the radeon software disappeared. I rolled back the driver update for my iGPU in Device Manager and the driver & software section came back in the radeon software.  My question is how come the radeon software and PC Manager couldn't detect a driver update for my IGPU but the device manager could? Also, why does the driver & software section on the radeon software disappear once I update my iGPU driver through device manager? Should I rollback the iGPU driver update from device manager or should I keep it updated and miss out on the driver & software section in the radeon software?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rad1
Journeyman III

I just realised I have checked the version of the iGPU after updating it from device manager and it is 27.11032.1001 and when I rollback the iGPU driver the version is now 27.20.14533.1000. So when I update my iGPU driver from device manager, it updates it to an earlier version instead of the latest one. So should I rollback my iGPU driver in device manager to 27.20.14533.1000 (the latest version) or update my iGPU driver to 27.11032.1001 (earlier version). Also, my pc doesn't detect a driver update when my iGPU driver is on the earlier version for some reason.

0 Likes

Simply put, MS has a driver repository which are usually WHQL (so not newest driver from amd).

But they can also be from the OEM (hp, dell etc...).

Those drivers are only updated a limited amount per windows build versions i believe.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes