Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rishim95
Journeyman III

Driver & Software issue

Heya!

Yesterday I updated my  AMD driver to the latest released version - 20.11.2 (13 Nov, 2020). Since I did that my laptop's screen stops every now and then when I am on YouTube FullScreen or a game. When it happens, I cannot do anything, the only option I have is to press the power button to turn the laptop off and on after.  Yesterday it happened just for YouTube, if I wanted to rewind for 5 seconds.. boom.. Elsa from Frozen touched my laptop. I just want to mention that it happened 8 times in an hour. 
Today, again.. with a really small game.. nothing big, not even in FullScreen. After a forced restart, I didn't even have the chance to open Opera to do a search cause it happened again.. 
Can someone, please, help me with a solution?  Thank you!!

0 Likes
5 Replies

Maybe....with a little more info :)

And check Device Manager for any yellow marks.

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

0 Likes

- Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY

- AMD Graphics Card Make & Model -> AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
- Driver version installed - Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.11.2
- CPU/APU Make and model number - Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

0 Likes

I would go to Device Manager / Display/ AMD and roll back to the previous driver.

0 Likes

Yes, I did that and the issue was solved for the moment.

But they need to do something about this problem for a future update..

0 Likes

No one can help me?  It's the same issue with the 4th of December update..   I have to reinstall the 20th september one to search the web and listen to some music in peace.... 

0 Likes