cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

linjuzhou
Adept II

Driver 19.2.3 the ZERO RPM has more and more problem

See the pic, when the manual fan curve is enabled, Zero RPM will correctly disable.

We don't want to disable it when the manual fan curve is enabled,OK? That's not what we hope

5S@[N0O1]CFV%1OTLT~F0K5.png

6 Replies
wwwwawannnn
Adept II

Ya, THIS IS NOT FUNNY AMD!!! MY GIGABYTE RX 570 NOW NOT LIGHTING ITS RGB FAN STOP!!!

0 Likes
bors
Adept I

I have the PowerColor Red Devil 56. The cooler on that thing is humongous. Sadly, PowerColor dropoped the ball on the default fan curve resulting is some pretty noisy operation. However, they do have working zero RPM function.

Now, I'd very much like to use the manual fan curve in WattMan. There are a few major problems whit it, however:
- zero RPM does not work... why, oh why?
- the maximum temperature is 65 degrees... that should be at least 75.
- the minimum fan speed seems to be 35%. Not really a problem, if zero RPM was working.
Wattman-01.jpg

WattMan is a very nice utility with excellent interface, but it has some very frustrating and seemingly arbitrary limitations.

0 Likes

I am getting the impressions that AMD thinks that the users do not want the option for Zero Fan mode to be enabled with a manual fan curve.

"Zero RPM will correctly disable in Radeon WattMan on available system configurations when manual fan curve is enabled."

In the previous driver version zero fan mode did not work but you could switch it on and off even though it had no effect.  I guess the 'fix' is that they removed the on/off switch when manual fan curve is enabled.

They need to give us the option to either use zero fan mode with a manual fan curve or total control over the fan curve and temperature with no limits.  In the meantime, we can use third party tools to do this.

0 Likes

I think so,but it is so stupid, the old driver is not so stupid,but I must use the new driver for playing new games

0 Likes
johnsmith7171
Adept II

Hello! I Have found a fix for it. I did already post it.

(No 3rd party software required, only adrenaline)

Manual Fan Curve Zero RPM Fix 

Enjoy

0 Likes

Yeah,thank you, your way is really good,but I still hope AMD could solve it

0 Likes