cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

masamune3210
Newcomer

Driver 18.9.3 causing Forza Horizon 3 to crash while loading

Hello, I am filling out a support request for a friend. Helped him update his driver to the latest in order to play Forza Horizon 4, but have run into a issue with the fact that the latest driver seems to cause Horizon 3 to crash during loading every time it is tried. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the latest recommended driver, and Horizon 3 works again, but Horizon 4 will not run without the latest driver. If I update to the latest, 4 will work but 3 will start crashing during load.  3 will also throw up a low video memory warning when running the latest driver, when it did not do so with the older driver. Any assistance would be welcome!

Sorry, was on the way out the door and forgot to add info

GPU : Fury X

Desktop

Windows 10 x64 1809

Radeon Software Version 18.9.3

i5 6600k

16GB RAM

Issue happens in all circumstances

7 Loads up to at least the menu to select race and car, didnt have time to test farther right now

0 Likes
30 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Driver 18.9.3 causing Forza Horizon 3 to crash while loading

0 Likes
good11
Adept I

I have same problem with you in Forza Horizon 3

I can't open Forza motorsprot 7 too because it will clash and auto close window.

Forza Horizon 4 > Fine

Please  fix this problem AMD

I'm use RX Vega 64

0 Likes
masamune3210
Newcomer

Sorry, was on the way out the door and forgot to add info

GPU : Fury X

Desktop

Windows 10 x64 1809

Radeon Software Version 18.9.3

i5 6600k

16GB RAM

Issue happens in all circumstances

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

These kind of issues should be reported to AMD

good11
Adept I

I already report to them. Thank you sir

Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please can you provide a DXDIAG report from the system that crashes? Furthermore, is there any error message that appears when the crash occurs?

If you could provide reproduction steps, and a summary of the resolution/image quality settings you are using, we will investigate further.

good11
Adept I

It no DXDIAG popup at all after clash.

For Forza motorsport 7, I can go in Microsoft Studio logo with sound of car and then logo and sound are freeze and suddenly close window of game.

For Forza Horizon 3, i can see only Forza horizon 3 logo and move to black screen window of game and then suddenly auto close window of  game.

Forza horizon 4 is fine to run with my RX Vega64

My old GTX 1080 is fine to run Forza motorsport 7, Forza Horizon 3 and Forza horizon 4 with no any problem.

0 Likes
masamune3210
Newcomer

DxDiag = DxDiag · GitHub

No error messages other than the Low VRAM Warning that I talked about earlier. 7 Works fine as far as I can tell, 3 gets past the title and starts to load the world, then crashes about halfway through. 4 runs fine other than the normal issues that occur with a brand new game

0 Likes
masamune3210
Newcomer

Just sent a report to them

0 Likes