Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

leo4life
Newcomer

driver 18.12.3 BSOD with atikmdag.sys

Hey guys,

I was just trying to install 18.12.3 today but then the BSOD appeared in the middle of the installation. The error message is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and says that the file that caused the error is atikmdag.sys. What I've tried so far is to uninstall the driver completely with DDU then reinstall, but it still fails. The installation fails at around 40% everytime and the BSOD appears with the same message. I've also tried to install 18.12.2 after uninstalling but 18.12.2's setup fails with same BSOD as well. Anyone have any clues of how to fix this? Thanks.

I use the 295x2.

0 Likes
4 Replies
dekkard
Adept I

The same problem. Im using HD 7970 Lighning. Try to install 18.12.1. It worked for me

0 Likes

Disable Windows Driver Updates and Disconnect From the Internet when installing the driver. Run DDU from safe mode again then do that, and choose clean install too. Delete all previous AMD driver install files (where it decompresses them to when you click on the downloaded driver)  from the C:\drive  AMD folder to.

eckeo5
Journeyman III

Same problem here, after installing new driver 18.12.2 or newer error BSOD ( The error message is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) too.

Card: Asus Matrix-HD7970 OC II

Does anyone have a working fix or is it better to wait since new revision will come?

wfG

ecke

0 Likes

Makes sure your Windows is UP-TO-DATE, keep checking for updates till it shows none. If you go in and it says none make sure to scan for updates anyway. 

Download 19.1.2

Disconnect from the Internet.

Install 19.1.2 choosing custom/clean install.

This got it working on my HD 7950  and  HD 7870

0 Likes