Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

drehkick
Journeyman III

driver 18.12.2 and 18.12.3 no access to radeon settings

Hello,

I have a problem that I cannot access my radeon sttings since 18.12.2 at all.

Whenever I rightclick on my desktop to access radeon settings, nothing happens.

Whenever I hover over the radeon symbol in the taskbar, it dissappears.

No error code, nothing, simply no access.

Intel drivers aren`t installed, at least I cant find them under apps & features.

Everything worked fine before 18.12.2. I want to ask where I can find older drivers.

My system

Windows 10 version: 1803 Build:17134.472

Intel i5 6500

Sapphire rx 570 itx 1500mhz version

8gb kingston 2133mhz ddr4 ram

ocz trion 150 480gb

0 Likes
3 Replies
waltc
Miniboss

Install the 18.12.3's ASAP.  Install them right over the top of the 18.12.2's--and after rebooting you should be fixed up.  I noticed myself that the 18.12.2's have bugs galore in their UI configuration.  If that first step does not work, the try again with the 12.18.3's in a "clean install".  18.12.3 fixed the many and varied UI problems I experienced with the 18.12.2's. 

On the driver download page...previous drivers

drehkick
Journeyman III

Thank you for your answer. I have figured the solution to my problem, myself. Turns out, the Intel driver was installed in my system after all, even though no trace of it can be found in apps & features. I have used a programm called DDU. The programm found the intel igp drives hidden in my system and deleted them for me. Radeon driver 18.12.3 works perfectly right now.

Hopefully this can help others with the same problem

DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.6

for DDU to work correctly you need to boot into safe mode first

How to boot into safe mode on windows 10: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

0 Likes