cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ronmamita
Adept I

download bluetooth driver for AMD FX 8350 [windows 10 pc]

I failed several times to install bluetooth on my pc. Difficult to find AMD, all I find on the internet is graphics but I don't have a AMD graphics processor. My Computer is AMD FX 8350:

ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC. motherboard model M5A78L-M LE/USB3
Chipset: AMD 780G
Southbridge AMD SB700
BIOS: AMERICAN MEGATRENDS INC. ver.0502 03/04/2017
Graphic interface: PCI-Express
Hardware ids: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&SUBSYS_1C8210DE&REV_A1
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti {updated 7/13/2020 drv ver. 27.21.14.5177}

All I want is to get my PS4 game controller working on my pc computer, please help me.

9 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

As far as I can tell from the specs that motherboard doesn't have onboard wifi and bluetooth.

You would need to add either  PCIe or USB bluetooth.

Yup looks that way. OP in my experience many of the add on dongles found cheap on Ebay or Amazon will do. I have had the best luck myself with the Broadcom based adaptors. They typically already have the drivers built into Windows and seem to be a bit more stable and don't drop connection as much as some others I have used.  

That is confusing as I thought the ethernet port meant a pci wifi?

I was dreading that because I use the ethernet cable and haven't been using the wifi capabilities - oddly the unboxing (2019) had picked up many devices (phone/printer/pc/tv/ etc. devices around my home and Windows 10 had optional bluetooth settings but since many MS updates and setting changes I no longer see wifi nor bluetooth.

Drivers are driving me crazy.

I'll buy a bluetooth usb doggle, as a quick fix.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Ethernet always means wired. Wifi always means wireless. And Bluetooth has nothing to do with either. 

Just because your motherboard doesn't have bluetooth built in, if you bought this system and didn't make it yourself maybe it has it built into an add-in card(s)? Did you originally have another OS like Windows 7 or 8.1 then updated to Windows 10. If so the drivers may not have existed so they didn't get installed. You might double check that you don't have hardware that is just missing the drivers. 

If your built this yourself then I would hope you know what hardware you have. 

0 Likes

You misunderstood, I originally thought I had all 3 capabilities because I intentionally set up my ethernet cable for the speed and as I was doing so, I noted my home's wifi was being rcvd on this pc that displayed Bluetooth settings as well and I chose to ignore the wifi & bluetooth settings,

Fast fwd to now, and the PC settings w/ MS Win10 many updates later and I don't understand what happened to the drivers/settings that reported WIFI & Bluetooth. WIFI & Bluetooth are missing, That is the mystery.

A USB bluetooth doggle will arrive soon and that should allow the PS4 controller on this PC.

Thanks everyone for commenting.

ebay has low cost usb bluetooth radios and if you want fenvi ax200 wifi cards have bluetooth included

0 Likes

2 or 3 years ago I didn't have Bluetooth nor Wireless since my AM3+ Motherboard didn't come with those features. So I went and purchased a Gigabyte Bluetooth & WiFi PCIe card for around 35 dollars. I has been working flawlessly since I installed it.

I use my Bluetooth Headsets and mouse without any issues. Plus I pickup a large amount of WiFi devices including my router in my building which shows that it is working.

But a USB Bluetooth/WiFI is more convenient since it is portable or mobile and you can use it anywhere you want.  

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

2 or 3 years ago I didn't have Bluetooth nor Wireless since my AM3+ Motherboard didn't come with those features. So I went and purchased a Gigabyte Bluetooth & WiFi PCIe card for around 35 dollars. I has been working flawlessly since I installed it.

I use my Bluetooth Headsets and mouse without any issues. Plus I pickup a large amount of WiFi devices including my router in my building which shows that it is working.

But a USB Bluetooth/WiFI is more convenient since it is portable or mobile and you can use it anywhere you want.  

I have used Bluetooth for over 20 years. My Wacom tablet uses Bluetooth 1.1 it's so old. Bluetooth is excellent for backwards compatibility.

0 Likes