Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LordBYRoN
Journeyman III

Double Adrenaline icon software in system tray

Hi Guys,

Since driver 22.8.1 (now I'm on 22.8.2), I'm facing a strange behaviour : when I start my PC, 9 times on 10, I have a double icon in the system tray like that :

double_icon.jpg

Then , when I move the mouse pointer over them, one disappears (rarely it reappears again after few seconds so I have to move the mouse pointer over it again). I have a Radeon 6800 since the day 1 and it is the first time it happens. I've tried also a couple of times using DDU to clear everything in safe mode but the problem persist. I've made no changes on my PC in the last months.

This option is already disabled (all the programs on the startup loads after I log into the system) : Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > On right side find Privacy and uncheck: Use my sign-in....... 

My system is :

Radeon 6800 (directly bought on amd.com) with 22.8.2 drivers

AMD chipset driver version 4.06.10.651

Ryzen 5800x

X570 AORUS ELITE with latest bios

Windows 11 64 bit with last updates

8 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

From what I recall, it is the adrenaline software crashing and restarting. I've had it happen a few times. A nothing burger for me personally, but not sure if its a deeper rooted problem.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

I have the same issue and initially I agree with you but, I have set custom fan profiles, so whenever this crashes it resets it to the default fan curve.
While its not the end of the world, in the middle of summer when your GPU starts running a bit too hot, not soo good.

Ryzen 5 5600x, X570 Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact, Arctic Cooler II 360,
2 x 16gb TeamGroup 3600 CL16 kit, AORUS Gen4 SSD 1TB , Nitro+ RX6800, Corsair SF750, Win11 Pro

May not be the end of the world for some folks but those of us who were with nvidia cards for many years this behavior is unacceptable.  Now I get that I bought the latest and greatest gpu that won't have that many other customers but like a premium car I expect the R&D to be done at the factory not my gaming room.

I replied to the OP because I've had the same thing happen, and seeing others get it too makes me happy that it's not just me.  AMD needs to recognize this.  The effort that went into Adding streaming and recording to the Adrenalin driver could have been better spent on stability and compatibility in my humble opinion. Would go alot further to improve AMD's reputation but that's just me being practical.

0 Likes

Have you tried disabling tray icon in settings and pin to taskbar instead to see if it still happens ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

I've had it happen as well. Bought a 6950xt in May and every time I boot my computer it could do one of 3 things (so far):

1. double system tray icons

2. plays a USB connect/disconnect sound at certain events (game start, steam start, caps lock press)

3. flickering desktop/task bar.

I have videos of each of these examples.  I'm also running a x570 Asrock motherboard and the 22.8.2 drivers but in my experience it doesn't seem to be related to the driver version, the only glimmer of evidence I've found is whether or not you do a "Full" or "Minimal" or "Driver Only" Adrenalin install.  Problem with anything other than Full is you don't have fan speed control so your left with the gpu temperature going excessively high because the vbios doesn't ramp fans up early enough or high enough in my opinion.

So I'm patiently waiting for each new driver or my frustration level to peak and I submit an RMA request.

0 Likes
KabouterPlop1
Challenger

1 for every time it restarted probably because it crashes, or reloads because its not responding well in new windows 11 context menu

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

Here;s the video of my caps lock making the usb unplug sound. This only started when I installed the reference AMD 6950xt.

0 Likes
ElDuKe
Adept I

I had the other issue, with lots of settings going missing from the Adrenaline Control panel, which was due to Windows updating drivers.
I did this process for that problem, am thinking I will need to try this for this issue.

Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Go in to safemode and uninstall the drivers. Go back in to normal mode and reïnstall the latest drivers.

DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Ryzen 5 5600x, X570 Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact, Arctic Cooler II 360,
2 x 16gb TeamGroup 3600 CL16 kit, AORUS Gen4 SSD 1TB , Nitro+ RX6800, Corsair SF750, Win11 Pro
0 Likes