cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sharky7337
Adept I

DOOM won't launmch in Vulkan with crossfire enabled

7970x2 iof crossfire is enabled globally, doom launches to black screen in vulcan mode

0 Likes
15 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: DOOM won't launmch in Vulkan with crossfire enabled

Some more INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION​ may help others recommend a possible fix.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
amdpete
Staff
Staff

I can launch the game with Crossfire enabled quite happily, although it doesn't get used of course since the game developers haven't added that.

Change the Doom profile to disable Crossfire if it is an issue for you, since it isn't going to benefit from it anyway.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Doom Vulkan ran fine on my Radeon Pro Duo with CrossFire enabled in Radeon Settings and disabled, it should make no difference.

Doom Vulkan Running On A Radeon Pro Duo @1440P Ultra - YouTube

0 Likes
thwomp
Adept III

Cool, thanks for the video. Do you know if crossfire support is in the pipeline? I've heard conflicting things about Vulkan and mGPU

0 Likes
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Vulkan can support mGPU, but it is up to the game developers to implement so you would have to ask them.

en9dmp
Adept II

Hi Matt - With the Vulkan patch is it possible to force another crossfire profile and see if there are any gains? Could try forcing one from a different Vulkan game, or just try the standard option of AFR or 1x1 and see if there is any scaling?

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

As mentioned above, CrossFire support in Vulkan can only be added by the developer. Existing DX11 CrossFire profiles will not work with Vulkan.

0 Likes
javsav
Adept I

Thanks so much for the post OP. I was having this problem, completely unable to launch Doom in Vulkan mode. Every time I launched it, I would get a black screen and the game would hang. I tried many solutions but none worked. After reading this post, I tried disabling crossfire in the Doom profile specifically; it didn't work. However, when I disabled crossfire globally, the game finally launches in Vulkan mode! I tried turning crossfire back on globally and it hung again - it will only launch with it disabled globally. Thanks so much for your help.

GPU1: XFX R9 Fury Triple Dissipation

GPU2: Sapphire R9 Nano

CPU: Core i5 4690k @ 4.4Ghz

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Monitor: 27 inch 3840x2160 Freesync IPS

thwomp
Adept III

Running 2 380x's, I have crossfire disabled in profile but enabled globally, and I can launch the game in Vulkan just fine. Only issue is it takes about 2 minutes to launch. A minute with nothing but Doom popping up in task manager, then another minute of a blank, black window. Then finally it goes fullscreen and the Bethesda logo appears.

So maybe if you guys are having trouble, just wait a couple minutes after trying to launch?

0 Likes