Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mphuz
Adept II

Doom Not Loading - 7850 17.12.2

My system: Desktop

AMD HD 7850 2GB, Intel i5 3570, 8GB DRR3 RAM, 650W

Windows 10 64-bit, 1709 (build 16299.125)
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2

Tired. Users have not run Doom on Vulkan. The problem randomly (afaik).

I'm testing on a demo version - does not start. Probably like a YEAR can't run..

Log

Write here please if you have the same problem with this game and with this API.

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

RE: :Yes, I know about the console command.

It is a command you need to edit in a settings file I described.  Since you know about it, set it to 0 and it will launch Doom in OpenGL. You can then run the Demo in OpenGL instead of Vulkan. If you like the Demo in OpenGL then please purchase the game and when you purchase the game Vulkan should run fine on Adrenalin 17.12.2 Driver.

If it does not work then ask Steam for a refund. The only difference you will see in Vulkan is higher FPS versus OpenGL, and maybe, like I did, a bit of texture flicker in a few places. Elsewhere it runs fine in Vulkan.

I even managed to get Doom to run in Vulkan on an R9 280x in a "Mining Adapter"  .... i.e. a PCIIe2.0 to USB3.0 to PCIex16 Graphics Card Adapter. It runs surprisingly well. Here is the Viideo:
colesdav - Running Doom on High settings at 1080p using a "Mining Adapter" - PCIe2.0x1 - USB3.0- PCI...

RE: No, lowering settings did not help.. Doom Demo Vulkan is completely broken for me.

OK - I was just pointing  out what can happen if you run Doom on a  Higher Spec PC at high settings - those settings get saved to the "Cloud". If you then try to run the game on a low spec laptop you may hit problems because of the settings previously saved to the  "Cloud".

RE:Doom Demo Vulkan is completely broken for me.

Yes and Doom Demo Vulkan is completely broken for me also on GTX780Ti, R9 Nano, R9 280x with a range of old and new drivers which support Vulkan and I tested Windows 8.1 and 10. Yet the full Doom game (once purchased) works fine on Vulkan on those cards and those OS and Drivers.

I am convinced that Vulkan on the Doom Demo needs updating and does not run properly.
So the only thing you can do is contact the game developers and tell them about it.
I doubt they will spend time fixing Vulkan in the Demo though,  I think it has been broken for some time. They will likey prefer to spend time on supporting the real game.

You can also file one of these: AMD Issue Reporting Form
I have done that.

Point to this thread.

There is nothing else you can do.
Either purchase the full game if you like it or run the Demo on OpenGL until the game developers fix Vulkan in the Doom Demo.

Bye.

View solution in original post

34 Replies