Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

krieger
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

doom frame rate target control not working

It's not working.. and causing my freesync to tear in high fps areas. Please don't try to tell me to enable V-Sync and the bs that it doesn't affect FPS because it does and it did.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: doom frame rate target control not working

If you are having a problem with your graphics card or a particular game...Please report it to AMD. Keep in mind that the more reports sent to the Catalyst engineers, the more attention paid. This is the only way things get fixed. Note that all issues must be reproducible (this is why specific information is required), and submitting a "Issue Report" is not a invitation to a dialog with AMD. Don't expect a reply. Just report it and encourage others to do the same.

www.amd.com/report

0 Kudos
d_vine
Adept II
Adept II

FRTC causes tearing ever since 16.3. ...for me.

FRTC ONLY works with Vsync disabled in game. Try to enable it, and it should break FRTC.

Up to 16.2. the crimson drivers could handle FRTC & Vsync in game = no tearing

I guess Freesync seems to be affected as well.

0 Kudos
krieger
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I reported my problem to AMD. I haven't tried the old drivers.. i supposed i could. I was hoping they would patch this but FRTC and Freesync seem to be secondary to the AMD driver team. I don't have V-Sync enabled. FreeSync works but it breaks when you pass the threshold of your display which is why you need to limit the FPS.

0 Kudos
qwixt
Forerunner
Forerunner

FRTC has been somewhat hit and miss these past couple of months. I don't have the new doom to check if it's working for me or not. Maybe next week. I installed the latest drivers last night, so I don't how it works with all the games I play yet. The 3 I tried, it worked fine.

0 Kudos
javsav
Adept I
Adept I

I'm having the exact same problem. Very frustrating. I bought a freesync monitor to avoid tearing, not to experience it. And naturally, if you disable freesync and use vsync, every time the framerate drops below 60 you start rendering at 30fps.. yuck.

0 Kudos