cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mendes
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: ☠ DOOM ☠ Experiencing Performance Issues? ☠ Bug Report Assistance & Template Here ☠

AMD today delivers a unique experience, never had so many problems with a video card as I have with this MSI R9 380 4G. You can not simply install and initiate a game, there's always something more, or is an .INI or .CFG or some program like random to help solve the problem presented to run the game, I am more than seven months with this graphics card and little has changed so far. My level of frustration exceeded all possible expectations.

I have a I5 3407 - gigabyte b75m-d3h rev 1.0 - 2x4 G.Skill 1600 - Corsair CS550M 80 plus gold and obviously this little pearl of  pigs MSI R9 380 4g.

In order ... all this time I tested it on Windows 10 all available driver+DDU amd and recognize that improvements had, but I still have the same problems but in new games, black screen, stuttering, Freezing and a variety of drawbacks.

I conclude that after successfully testing on my computer one gtx 960 and gtx 970 where both had the opportunity to use for more than fifteen days without any problems, R9 300, this is my problem, amd never after that.

google tratudor helped me in this text.

abi
Challenger
Challenger

Re: ☠ DOOM ☠ Experiencing Performance Issues? ☠ Bug Report Assistance & Template Here ☠

hey, i also have r9 380 4gb and i dont identify with your statement. Actually if you go to youtube you will find a lot of vídeos with r9 380 performance comparisons and the problems you mentioned  arent normal. Have you considered the possibilitie that the problem is associated to your build and not to all r9 380?

I am now playing doom 2016 in ultra presets at 1080p, with a  very fluid 50 to 70fps, yesterday i played a lot overwatch with epic presets at 1080p, with na avarage of 68fps.

mendes
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

considered yes, but unfortunately I have to consider also all the tests I did with my old HD 7850, my R9 380 and gtx 960 and 970.

of all cards I tested this build only R9 380 possesses this instability.

see, in Brazil the minimum wage per month is 880 monetary units and this r9 380 card cost me 1200 monetary units, I waited four months to have a driver for gta run on my "build".

Doom is already running well here, but amd never.

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

And I heard AMD was dx12 and Vulcan ready...  guess not.

brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Do you think you are hitting the vram limit of the card with the ultra settings?

2gb of vram isnt much for these new titles.

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

nvidia does have a lot of money, lol..

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

are you running the r9-390?

0 Kudos