cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xzshootzx
Journeyman III

Doom Eternal Flickering Graphical Bug With MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT

So Doom Eternal had a recent update about a few weeks ago with their "Update 2".  Ever since then, my game has been experiencing this really weird, rainbow like, flickering graphical bug on environmental textures, Doomslayer's visors, stage podiums, etc.  I've provided some screenshots of what is happening:

Doom Eternal Update 2 Rainbow Graphical Bug

This all started happening since the Update 2. I've asked on Reddit, but no one replied with similar issues.  One Steam user from the Discussion Board reported with the exact problem when I issued it on there. Doom Eternal's General Discussion within Bethesda's Forums no one bothered replying either until I listed it in one of their Latest Update 2 Bugs topics, and one user said to try re-installing my graphics driver since they apparently have heard of similar experiences with AMD users and doesn't seem like a in-game bug directly.  Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue, and my settings in-game and within AMD Radeon Software were not changed at all when Update 2 was released.  At this point I don't know if this is a problem on my end, or if it's something ID Software has to fix.  Has anyone else been experiencing these exact same issues in-game, or know a possible answer as to why is this happening/a way to fix this?  Any help would be much appreciated!  Thank you so much!

Computer Specs:

System: Windows 10 64-bit Operating System

Graphics Card: AMD MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming 8GB

Processor: Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70 GHz

RAM: 12GB

0 Likes
4 Replies
anjanavdas
Journeyman III

Try to downgrade the driver . I believe you are running 20.7.2. I am not sure if it will solve the issue or not. But I am also facing issue since o bought Rx 5700 XT on July 13th.vi am experimenting with drivers as of this moment. I believe DOOM ETERNAL will need 20.4.2 and higher, so try using 20.4.2 and then go ahead from there. Also it might ne good if you use DDU to remove the drivers. Hope it will help. Keep us posted, as only we can help each other.

0 Likes

So I downgraded my driver using DDU then downloaded the AMD Radeon Software 20.4.2 driver from the official site.  Unfortunately, this did not correct the issue :/.  What problems are you facing with DOOM Eternal with your RX 5700 XT?

0 Likes
anjanavdas
Journeyman III

As of now I have not started with DOOM Eternal. I am working with TITANFALL 2, CRYSIS and COD WW 2. I think now you need to go forward from 20.4.2 like 20.5.1 and so on. There is one more step which some are suggesting like hybrid install. So they are suggesting to install the software 19.12.1 and then seperately installing the display drivers. These are definitely not fixes and kind of workarounds, untill unless AMD themselves is releasing any fix. If you see the release notes the list of known issues are consistent from Feb to june. Try the hybrid installation and see what happens .

0 Likes

Unfortunately 20.5.1 gives the same results.  With 19.12.1, two things happened.  When I took the "Express Install" option, everything installed.  However, it seemed as if nothing happened with the installation.  First thing I did was I ran DOOM Eternal and the Bethesda Launcher said it could not detect the Vulkan-1.dll, thus making the game not playable.  I assumed since I did not see the installation do anything despite the installation being completed, it probably didn't really do anything.  When I choose the "Custom Install" when the Radeon Software 19.12.1 was scanning my graphics card systems, it left me with the Error 182: Radeon Software Install Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That ....

I'm starting to think that this isn't necessarily a problem on my hand and rather something AMD needs to fix but are unaware of this particular graphical texture bug perhaps? 

0 Likes