cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dusanka
Adept I

Does vsync on working on amd adrenaline driver

Does vsync work in amd adrenaline driver settings, or do i need older driver witch support vsync on. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Are you trying to adjust vert sync for a particular game? Vertical sync settings in Wattman/Relive have no effect on DX games. That is controlled by the game settings. Doesn't matter what you have set in the control panel. They only affect OpenGL applications....not DirectX.

Doesn't matter what version of Adrenaline driver you have.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Are you trying to adjust vert sync for a particular game? Vertical sync settings in Wattman/Relive have no effect on DX games. That is controlled by the game settings. Doesn't matter what you have set in the control panel. They only affect OpenGL applications....not DirectX.

Doesn't matter what version of Adrenaline driver you have.

Thanks kingfish I'm trying to force vsync through amd control panel on need for speed hp 2, is there is solution to force vsync on for games that not have vsync built in.

0 Likes

You can try a third party tool..maybe Radeon Pro?

0 Likes

You also could try setting the Frame Rate Control to 59-60fps or lower in the game profile. It directly affects the game fps.

0 Likes

Once again thanks kingfish, i play mostly older games and i found solution, you can force vsync with dgvoodoo 2 wrapper and work proper on 60fps on 60hz monitor.

ive just wanted to play my old game dead space 3, im in a mood, i dont wanna play on 300fps and torturing my gpu, i realize just now vsync form adrenaline is not working - not working d3dovverdider, this wrapper guy in thread says to not working... how this is possible????????????????

0 Likes

Enable 'enhanced sync' in the AMD Profile panel and disable vert sync in the game.

0 Likes