cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

biboyjohnson
Adept I

Does R7 M440 also have AMD Catalyst? And if so can I reinstall it somehow?

Jump to solution

I am using a Dell Inspiron 5567 with a Windows 10 OS. It has both Intel HD graphics and R7 M440.  I have rebooted the laptop once and can't seem to remember if I once had a catalyst installed as I had no games back then. I installed a game and searched the net on how to configure it, and there most videos shows AMD Catalyst in which I don't have. Am I supposed to have Catalyst? And if so, can I reinstall it? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elstaci
MVP

Re: Does R7 M440 also have AMD Catalyst? And if so can I reinstall it somehow?

Jump to solution

The latest AMD Driver for the R7 M440 is from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r7-series/amd-radeon-r7-400-series/amd-radeon-r7-... 

The AMD Catalyst is a very old driver format that was replaced by Crimson and then by Adrenaline Drivers.

IF Dell's AMD Graphic driver is extremely out-dated then you can try and install AMD mobile driver and see if it works or not. But otherwise installing Dell's AMD/Intel Drivers are the best choices since they are customized for your Dell Laptop.

Went to Dell Support for your Inspiron 5567 Laptop. It has several Driver updates including an "Urgent' BIOS update for your Laptop. Plus the AMD Driver is  from 2018 which is what I suggest you install first before installing the AMD Driver: Support for Inspiron 15 5567 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell Bulgaria 

Make sure your Intel Graphics and Intel drivers are all updated to the latest. Here is how to update the laptop drivers with Intel APU installed: Laptop graphics update...How to 

View solution in original post

23 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

The latest AMD Driver for the R7 M440 is from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r7-series/amd-radeon-r7-400-series/amd-radeon-r7-... 

The AMD Catalyst is a very old driver format that was replaced by Crimson and then by Adrenaline Drivers.

IF Dell's AMD Graphic driver is extremely out-dated then you can try and install AMD mobile driver and see if it works or not. But otherwise installing Dell's AMD/Intel Drivers are the best choices since they are customized for your Dell Laptop.

Went to Dell Support for your Inspiron 5567 Laptop. It has several Driver updates including an "Urgent' BIOS update for your Laptop. Plus the AMD Driver is  from 2018 which is what I suggest you install first before installing the AMD Driver: Support for Inspiron 15 5567 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell Bulgaria 

Make sure your Intel Graphics and Intel drivers are all updated to the latest. Here is how to update the laptop drivers with Intel APU installed: Laptop graphics update...How to 

View solution in original post

biboyjohnson
Adept I

Jump to solution

Does this mean I should first install this before everything?amd.PNG

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Sorry I replied to quickly.

No, You first MUST UPDATE all of your INTEL Graphics and CHIP SET Drivers first before updating the DELL AMD Graphics Driver for your GPU. Plus Update your BIOS since Dell considers it an URGENT update.

AMD Drivers works correctly with the latest Intel drivers install on your laptop.

1-Update BIOS

2-Update Intel APU Driver (Graphics)

3- Update Intel Chip sets Drivers and all other latest drivers

4- Update the AMD R7 M440 Dell Driver

Follow the instructions on "How to update your Laptop" in the link I posted from AMD Forums.

biboyjohnson
Adept I

Jump to solution

rade.PNGAlso ,I have the 19.5.2 Radeon software version of Radeon Settings. Do I still have to uninstall and reinstall some things?

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

I would use DDU in Safe mode with the Internet disconnected before installing the Dell AMD Driver with the internet still disconnected. Once the AMD Driver is installed than reconnect the internet.

But if the current AMD Driver is working the way you want then you can leave it installed and update your Intel Drivers and see if it makes the AMD Driver you have install work better. You may need to reinstall the AMD driver after updating the Intel drivers.

biboyjohnson
Adept I

Jump to solution

So far, I've updated the BIOS and most of them then the pc restarted. I went to check back on Dell support and checked to see if there are still some that needs to be updated and so I did, somehow in the middle of it a prompt popped up and the update got stuck at 50%. Should I just close the prompt?rafde.PNG

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

yes, cancel the installation and reboot again. Then see if you can install it again.

Did the BIOS update install without any issues? 

kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

Make sure your anti-virus/malware is disabled during the process.

biboyjohnson
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes, I did disable the defender and firewall. Those two are what I only have

0 Likes