cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gutoxzx
Journeyman III

Re: Does anyone have it: After Adrenalin 2020 update, some games will crash your graphics driver (screen flicker > crash) and you need to restart

yes...problem persists ...

0 Likes
oldar
Adept II

Re: Does anyone have it: After Adrenalin 2020 update, some games will crash your graphics driver (screen flicker > crash) and you need to restart

Thank you for testing it. So, it's not only me.

Let's hope the next batch of drivers will fix these annoying issues.

0 Likes
m105
Adept II

does the problem appear exactly in the way I described it in the OP?

They fixed it for the R9, so that would then be helpful for AMD to know..

0 Likes
noidenous
Journeyman III

Can confirm the Adrenaline driver is wreaking havoc on older cards.

I had to remove my HD7950 altogether after the driver started causing BIOS and boot issues, simply because I just cannot trust Windows 10 to not automatically roll out the update on a fresh installation. Looking at event viewer, you can see the atikmdag.sys file is the culprit.

If the system goes anywhere near that update, it is FUBAR.

0 Likes
argonaute
Adept I

I'm using an RX Vega 64 with Ryzen 2700X and 32 Go RAM 3200.

I got the same problem on Destiny 2 which crash with a black screen that deny other applications to become visible.

When watching vidéos in Firefox like Netflix, vidéo freeze and I need to exit the browser windows to restart the vidéo.

I downgrade to 19.12.1 too.

0 Likes
oldar
Adept II

Did you try the newest version of 20.1.4 drivers yet?

I am downloading them at the moment to check if the issues persist... Let's hope they did something right with this new version...:)

0 Likes
oldar
Adept II

Ok, I have just closed about 30 mins of testing the latest drivers (20.1.4) into my system (cpu amd 2700X + gpu Vega 64 Nitro+) and no problems so far.

I know it too early to come into conclusions but with all the other drivers I had issues in the first 10-15 mins top.

I will continue the tests and if something odd occurs I will reply here...

wetware05
Journeyman III

Hello!

I am a user who does not play 3D games and I do not need the new features of the 2020 version. I think it is a serious mistake to "force" users to have a graphic engine manager on a resident basis, as it is potentially more sensitive to create conflicts with the programs and the operating system.

Since the release of the 2020 version - and I've tried all the resiviones - they all cause the system to freeze. It does so randomly, in such a way that you cannot try to detect which pattern follows to solve it. Sometimes even when the computer starts up or when the Windows welcome screen starts.

I don't like the little serious policy that Radeon has taken. To top it off, they are WHQL drivers.

0 Likes
sandyjerry
Journeyman III

Did not read all the posts in this thread yet.

Just wanna add another sample point to this issue.

I experienced similar problem with my R9 Fury with the latest AMD Radeon Driver Ver. 20.1.4 (1/24/2020)

At my first try, my Battlefield 4 keeps crashing with this action sequences.

>Open the game. 

>Go to Graphics Settings 

>My previous working options are unchanged

- Direct 11

- 1280x720

- Full Screen

> However, the game displays a small window on my 1920x1080 monitor.

> Change "Full Screen" to "Borderless"

> Game crashes. The error message says DirectX 11 has problem executing the Resize function.  

The second time, the game will not start at all. The error message says the DirectX has some errors like "get driver removed"

The third time, I edit the PROFSAVE_profile and enable Mantle, but the game still cannot start and this time it's about Mantle function error.

I am going to test other games. 

0 Likes
oldar
Adept II

The problem you are referring to has nothing to do with the policy that AMD follows. They have not change it at all. Yes they tried to add some new features which the most users will like but the whole idea is not a new one. I do not know how much time you are using AMD products but I can assure you that when the Crimson Drivers came we encountered worst problems that these ones.

Since then, they made huge steps ahead and they are trying not only to bring us interesting features but to keep the old ones too. Have they succeed it? Of course not. But I can tell they are on the right path to do it so. I just hope to do that earlier than they did it the last years.

Btw, I tested the new drivers 20.2.1 and for my system is the same as the 20.1.3. Much more stable than the previous ones but again NOT the drivers I want for my system as I still get random errors here and there. I see errors in an hour gaming session and not every ten minutes ( it happens with the 20.1.1-20.1.2 drivers) but again I play my bet with the safety of 19.12.1 at least for now.

0 Likes