cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sutomiscica
Journeyman III

Re: Does anyone have it: After Adrenalin 2020 update, some games will crash your graphics driver (screen flicker > crash) and you need to restart

R9 Fury here!  I am experiencing the same issue, and don't care to "lower your displays refresh rate" as I tried that and it worked some of the time, not for all games.  My solution was to revert back to Adrenalin 2019 (19.11.3) drivers until they patch this issue. Haven't experienced one issue after reverting. The new features do not warrant card instability.

0 Likes
jamesmcghee
Journeyman III

Re: Does anyone have it: After Adrenalin 2020 update, some games will crash your graphics driver (screen flicker > crash) and you need to restart

Same issue on a 5700XT

I have had the issue with some games since I got the card in late Nov

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and have tried a few different driver versions ... so far no love

Just about to switch back to the 970s I was using till this is sorted.

0 Likes
left4dead666
Adept II

maybe you can try to download DDU (Display Driver Unistaller) to completely wipe the installed drivers!. and Install the latest drivers

after it download the latest adrenaline 20.1.1 it finally solved all my problems with my Radeon RX5700 XT.

i have waited 3 months for a stable version of the software drivers. even the FRTC problem has been solved!, Radeon Chill feature works now as FRTC, cause my display doesn't flicker anymore if it exceeds my monitors refresh rate.

jamesmcghee
Journeyman III

Running DDU and reinstalling the latest after word seems to have helped
Haven't had a chance to test to much but its not crashing as frequently at any rate

0 Likes
dangorado
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue with a 5700XT, but in DirectX 11 games - namely Total War: Warhammer 2 and the Witcher 3. In TW:WH2 it seems to display only basic graphics at like.... a frame every 15 seconds. TW3 crashes outright and forces me to reboot the entire PC.

It's pretty easy to reproduce as well; in TW:WH2 loading a custom battle on specific maps causes it every time, while in The Witcher 3 it "reliably" happens on certain spots on the map.

HOWEVER, I have found a workaround; simply setting shadows to medium/low/off (in-game) seems to stop the driver from crashing. Not sure if it'll work for everyone/every game, though!

m105
Adept II

I am the original topic starter and I can confirm that the issues I originally described have been fixed in driver update version Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.1 (from 3 days ago). At least for me.

I suggest that anyone updates their driver first before testing issues that they want to post about in here, to confirm it's still a problem with the latest version.

In my case: finally. It took pretty long to be able to use my R9 290 card and my 144hz monitor, with the Adrenalin 2020 drivers in a stable way, without these crashes making it unusable. AMD was slow at fixing it, and they aren't really communicating. Like i said before, setting a lower refresh rate (below 144hz, like 60hz) as the previous update release notes said was a workaround, didn't stop the issue for me. So AMD didn't communicate well, and left people like me without Adrenalin 2020 support for a long period of time.

m105
Adept II

Do you have the results? I updated and it's fixed for me.. like I described in my last post to the overall topic.

0 Likes
oldar
Adept II

I am glad that at least some of us found in the latest version of drivers something useful.

Unfortunately for me and my Vega 64 the 20.1.1 drivers are unstable. I read that 5700XT users have the same issues. At least let's hope that now they have settle the problems with older cards, they can actually check their newer products as well and find a solution for them as well.

0 Likes
gutoxzx
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, I have an R9 Nano, and it really is Adrenaline 20. So my solution was back to the last driver 19, I have Rx 570/580 where the bug does not occur. Only occurs with R9.

0 Likes
oldar
Adept II

Have you tried the newest drivers 20.1.2 yet?

0 Likes