cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

kingc8
Adept I

Does AMD plan to restore the OpenGL Compatibility profile in 22.11.xx in the future?

Hi,

Was the removal of the OpenGL Compatibility Profile intentional? -Or part of a rework?

I see that inspecting the Shader Compiler it says that GLSL 1.20 is supported, but apparently it won't compile. And an OpenGL tool for windows indicates that only Core Profile seems to exist for 22.11.01 and 22.11.02.

Is there plans to fully support OpenGL or are there un-advertised plans afoot here?

Thank you.

Kingc8

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @kingc8 ,

Below is the feedback from the OpenGL team regarding the shaders. 

"As per OpenGL specification, GLSL doesn't support the qualifier 'smooth' before version 130. We advise the end-user to use the right GLSL version (i.e. 130 or higher) when using qualifier 'smooth'. "

As they suggested, could you please update the GLSL version to 130 or higher to check if it resolves the issue?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies

If no asnwer to this OpenGL thread try posting your thread at AMD Forum's Vulkan/OpenGL forum.

Start here first: https://community.amd.com/t5/newcomers-start-here/bd-p/newcomer-forum

dipak
Big Boss

Hi @kingc8 ,

Thank you for the query. I have moved the post to the OpenGL forum.

I will check with the OpenGL team and get back to you.

Thanks.

dipak
Big Boss

A ticket has been created to track this issue. I will let you know if I get any update on this. 

Thanks.

kingc8
Adept I

Thank you, I eagerly await the update.

0 Likes

As the OpenGL team informed, the OpenGL driver is expected to fully support core profile and compatibility profile, and GLSL 4.6.

So, if you observed any issue, it would be helpful if you please provide the shader for further investigation.

Thanks.

Thanks very much.

I will attach the shader pair below.

I just again installed the very latest drivers at the time of writing:

Adrenalin 23.2.1 for x64 Windows 11.

The hardware is a laptop with AMD Ryzen 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx + Radeon RX 560X Series.

Vertex Shader:

Fragment Shader:

[Edit]: Removed source code of the vertex shader and fragment shader.

0 Likes

Thanks for providing the shaders. I will inform the OpenGL team.

0 Likes

Hi @kingc8 ,

Below is the feedback from the OpenGL team regarding the shaders. 

"As per OpenGL specification, GLSL doesn't support the qualifier 'smooth' before version 130. We advise the end-user to use the right GLSL version (i.e. 130 or higher) when using qualifier 'smooth'. "

As they suggested, could you please update the GLSL version to 130 or higher to check if it resolves the issue?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Thank you and the OpenGL team for their assistance.

Could you possibly now remove the source code, or only leave the relevant portions for other member of the community please?

0 Likes

Hi @kingc8 ,

As you requested, I have edited the related message (posted on 18 Feb 23) and removed the shader source code. Please check.

Thanks.

0 Likes