cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Earnhardt
Exemplar

Re: Do you think drivers will be stable soon?

no issue.jpg

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Even if I use set Priority for the GUI to  to low and force it to run on 1 thread it it is reporting constant 6.6% Processor Use.
When I do that, changing GUI Tabs is very slow to respond.

Are you on Windows 10 1909 or 2004?

How many GPUs have you installed?
I am running an RX5700XT I am testing in Primary PCIe Port a Pair of RX Vegas and an R9390X. 
pastedImage_1.png

I will check to see what happens if i only run the RX5700XT next.

0 Likes
hucker
Adept II

I went off Nvidia when a brand new card I bought literally melted.  No thermal protection at all.  And I never went back to them because every time I look up specs of new cards, AMD always gives more power for your money.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE: I went off Nvidia when a brand new card I bought literally melted.

Really.. Which card.

Is this the EVGA meme?

0 Likes
hucker
Adept II

What do you mean with respect to EVGA?  Are you calling me an EVGA worker?  Are you suggesting anything made by EVGA is s hit?  If you're going to use geeky words you'll need to explain yourself better.

0 Likes
jaan95
Adept I

better to don't buy amd gpu! I did this mistake, you guys don't have to.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Exemplar

2700X ,ASUS STRIX RX5700XT OC  and am still on W10 1909 and 20.7.2 drivers.

And have used AMD exclusively for 20 years with pretty much 0 driver/Hardware issues.

Crossfire up until a year and a half ago when I built a new system.

The last time I tried an Nvidia, it lasted 30 mins and fried.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I mean there was an example where an EVGA GTX1080 card, incorrectly connected to a PC (no PSU PCIe Power Cables Connected), had a failure and supposedly the "VRM went on fire". That is the meme.

EVGA introduced ICX Technology in response EVGA - Intelligent Innovation - EVGA iCX Technology 
They now have ICX2: EVGA - Technology - iCX2 

So in fact, if you are really worried about your "GPU melting" today, an EVGA Nvidia Turing GPU with ICX2 is your safest bet.
Those cards have multiple thermistors across the pcb to monitor temperatures.

An Nvidia RTX2080 Total Graphics Card Power (on TSMC 12nm), including the AI and RT Cores is much lower than what an RX5700XT GPU needs on 7nm. It runs cooler for the same performance.

I do not expect RDNA2 claimed 50% Perf/Watt to be enough to catch up to an RTX2080TI on 12nm either.

0 Likes
bearcat22
Miniboss

So you've used AMD cards for 25 years and have owned 500 of them. But you've only been a AMD member for a week? Hmm. Kinda like Earndhardt with his playing 50 games in 2 months and having 0 problems.

Earnhardt
Exemplar

OK,Playing 50 Games all the way through,nope,never said that,I have DL'd a bunch through UPlay and Epic lately when they are free,plus a lot I reinstalled from my collection,But I have played Probably,lets say 10 all the way through lately,all the others I tried off and on for maybe an hour each with no crashes or issues whatsoever.

So You guys can Hate all you want,But the truth is,Not everyone has issues no matter what platform they are on.

0 Likes