cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

macxd
Adept I

Re: Do you think drivers will be stable soon?

Well said and to add to that list relive and other recording fearutres haven't worked since 20.5.1 for me.

For some more context, I have been gaming with a group of friends since the 90's and out of the 10 of us that still play regularly two of us have 5700 xt's guess which two are the only ones with issues when play together. Up to april i was holding the faith but my faith has run out, that AMD with ever truly get their driver dev to consistent quality level.

0 Likes
hucker
Adept II

No idea why you have all those problems.  I always use the latest Windows with the latest updates, and the latest Radeon software.  I use MSI Afterburner for fan control.  Never ever had a single crash.  Maybe you should stop using Windows 8!  That's the old one!

0 Likes
hucker
Adept II

Nvidia's drivers might work, but their cards don't.  First one I bought overheated within 20 minutes.  No thermal cutout, nasty burning smell, melted plastic, straight back to the shop and replaced it with an AMD.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Exemplar

They are stable

0 Likes
hucker
Adept II

Indeed, and have been for me since 1995.  Not sure what these people are doing wrong, but it ain't AMD's fault.

colesdav
MVP

Yes sure. "User Error obviously". Usual damn excuse. 
I just used Nvidia cards for Windows 8,1 they still supoorted the OS they promised to on the GPU BOX, specification, and online web page. 
I use Windows 10 Pro and Linux.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Rubbish.

hucker
Adept II

Do you think I'm lying?  It's a fact that zero AMD graphics cards have failed for me in 25 years.  All 500 of them.

0 Likes
hucker
Adept II

They work for me, I've used about 500 AMD GPUs in all sorts of PCs from Windows 95 through to Windows 10.  Never had a single problem.  So you are doing something wrong.  If I can make them work and you can't, you are the problem, not AMD.  A bad workman blames his tools.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

You really are being stupid.
All of the issues I mentioned have been tested, reported, confirmed by others and even in AMD Bug lists.
Glad you never had a problem with AMD GPU. Well done.

0 Likes