cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pokester
MVP

Re: Do you like the new interface of Adrenalin 2020 Edition?

Wow that really sucks. I have had tech support for me tell me NOT to use that live update utility to update their bios and that was the support guy from MSi. I don't know why they don't stop offering that avenue for bios updates if it is so temperamental. I would assume you won't have and issue with getting an RMA. Unfortunately that is still a major pain for you to go through. SO SORRY that happened to you buddy. 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

pokester wrote:

Wow that really sucks. I have had tech support for me tell me NOT to use that live update utility to update their bios and that was the support guy from MSi. I don't know why they don't stop offering that avenue for bios updates if it is so temperamental. I would assume you won't have and issue with getting an RMA. Unfortunately that is still a major pain for you to go through. SO SORRY that happened to you buddy. 

Considering how expensive that motherboard was, you can imaging how annoyed I am 

0 Likes
igni
Adept I

I think its stupid. Mainly because it takes whole screen, and is counter intuitive; They should give users a choice instead of going at it. Foremost they should have fix the problems with the drivers before giving it makeover in first place.

painmaker
Adept II

Of course it is awesome! Good job with the design AMD! bRAVO

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

You must be joking or sarcastic right?

In any case.

I am running Adrenalin 2019 GUI with Adrenalin 2020.2.2 drivers for now until AMD either scrap this awful Adrenalin 2020 interface or they allow it to be an optional install just like Raptr AMD Gaming Evolved was, and revert to the Adrenalin 2019 GUI which is much better.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

colesdav wrote:

You must be joking or sarcastic right?

In any case.

I am running Adrenalin 2019 GUI with Adrenalin 2020.2.2 drivers for now until AMD either scrap this awful Adrenalin 2020 interface or they allow it to be an optional install just like Raptr AMD Gaming Evolved was, and revert to the Adrenalin 2019 GUI which is much better.

I am using the current interface, it seems to be incomplete and I have seen several iterations and it is still not done. Looks like AMD needs another platoon of developers to get things done.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I think they should abandon Adrenalin 2020 and concentrate on Adrenalin 2019 GUI/UI.
Sometimes it is best to admit a mistake and move on.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

colesdav wrote:

I think they should abandon Adrenalin 2020 and concentrate on Adrenalin 2019 GUI/UI.
Sometimes it is best to admit a mistake and move on.

I leave it on defaults and simply load up a game and play. No useful features I could see.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I just tried to use Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 GUI/UI and drivers to record a simple video.
What a joke.

(1). I normaly change all of Ctrl+Shift+R hotkeys etc to Alt+Shift+R etc when running Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 and prior.
That is my personal preference.
If I do that using Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. with the GUI/UI On screen it minimises - it seems it cannot tell the difference between Alt+Shift +R to turn on video recording and Alt + R to show or hide the GUI.

Pressing the Record Button of the "quick access home page" also makes the GUI/UI dissapear.

(2). I like to add System Information to start of videos. No such option seems available or working.

(3). I wanted to add the indicator and timer - fine it does that but the only option seems to be to put it in the top left hand side of the screen. That covers the position I want to use for steam FPS counter.  I tried to use the Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. scene editor to set /change that. No luck.

In summary I spent more time trying to find options and mess with this "easy to use" Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. GUI/UI than actually getting any video produced and recorded.

So nothing changes then.

In comparison Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI UI has no such problens and "it just works".

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Note that Radeon Chill is Disabled if Radeon BOOST is used.
Therefore use of Chill_Min = Chill_Max to control maximum Frame Rate is impossible.

This is yet another reason to request that the separate FRTC slider to Chill is put back into the driver.

Or is it assumed that everyone has a FreeSync Monitor or that it is mandatory to turn in game VSYNC on. 

0 Likes