cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Do you like the new interface of Adrenalin 2020 Edition?

Have to scroll down the screen just to see other settings:
pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

One of my RX Vega's is missing (the secondary GPU) although control panel says it is fine and all GPUs are working properly. 

No Crossfire Options for the Primary GPU.
pastedImage_1.png

Do you think you could possibly make those buttons any bigger?

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Click on top Video menu, click back to Graphics and the "Advanced v" Tab is minimized again - that is not good ergonomics.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I am now off to reattach two of my other AMD GPUs and see if Adrenalin 2020 20.1.1. will present me with something better than a completely black screen at windows boot.

Please pull this Adrenalin 2020 software from release until you think about it and actually get it in a state where it is useable;.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I had to use DDU version  v18.0.2.1 to wipoe clean all traces of AMD GPU drivers, reboot, and install Adrenalin 2020 20.1.1.
This time I see all of my GPUs and I see crossfire controls for the Primary Vega GPU.
Global FRTC is missing.

Chill is not a replacement.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

colesdav wrote:

I had to use DDU version  v18.0.2.1 to wipoe clean all traces of AMD GPU drivers, reboot, and install Adrenalin 2020 20.1.1.
This time I see all of my GPUs and I see crossfire controls for the Primary Vega GPU.
Global FRTC is missing.

Chill is not a replacement.

The Chill beeps are gone in 20.1.1

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Yes I know and they shouldn't be gone....

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I am not even able to run BFV with this Adrenalin 2020 20.1.1. driver.

I have no idea what has been done with this driver but I am seeing screen corruption in BFV.

Then I see black screening followed by game crash and or PC BSOD and reset.
That's running a Primary RX Vega 64 Liquid on PCIe 3.0x8. 
I set Global Chill_Min = 59 = Global Chill_Max = 59 to limit FPS to 1 FPS below FreeSync top end = 60Hz. This does not work in this driver.
It does nothing. I need Global FRTC back.
I set the game profile Chill_min = 30 Chill_Max = 300 so I save lots of power when no keyboard input and still have keyboard only input FPS of 55 FPS. 
The came launched and runs very poorly indeed.

Enough is enough.

I am unuinstalling this botched Adrenalin 2020 20.1.1. driver and going back to Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 which runs BFV fine on the RX Vega 64 Liquid with the same settings.

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

Yes indeed we want our feature back. Stop removing features AMD, we need FRTC for old games with no vsync option also.

If you actually implemented DirectX Vsync and DirectX triple buffering we wouldn't have this problem, told you about this years ago.

Also why do you still use the extremely old Morphological Filtering AA? Why have you not implemented SMAA yet?

What's the point of Morphological Filtering when even reshade has x1 Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing?

Why are you messing about with crappy GUI's when you could be implementing x4 Enhanced Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing.

peace
Adept I

Hi,

I know it's not the appropriate topic/post to address this issue but I see many experts are here to give their opinions about the new Adrenalin 2020 version, so I am posting it here in hope of finding a solution:

I've one super annoying problem, that is the screen not waking up & the "NO HDMI Signal" most of the times, I've to turn the monitor on & off couple of times or unplug and plug the HDMI cable to wake the screen again, if anyone knows how to solve this problem, PLEASE help me by recommending a fix or another version, thank you.

I've been using the 19.12.1 version, even it doesn't solve my problem!!

0 Likes