cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: Do you like the new interface of Adrenalin 2020 Edition?

Multi GPU Layout example:pastedImage_1.png
pastedImage_2.png
pastedImage_3.png
In Game Graphics no multi  GPU1, 2, 3  shown. 
pastedImage_4.png

colesdav
MVP

Systems information ... shows GPU1, GPU2, GPU3.

pastedImage_1.png

And yet again you have to "More Details" and then use a scroll bar to see the information. Messier than with Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1. 

pastedImage_2.png

colesdav
MVP

Unable to cut/copy/paste the above info from the browser or save it. 

colesdav
MVP

I am about to trawl through this thread and file a bunch of AMD Reporting Forms. 
Since this Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 Driver includes a web browser.
It might be a great idea if AMD could take this information from this screen:
pastedImage_1.png

Scroll down ...
pastedImage_2.png
And when I click on this: 
pastedImage_3.png

And end up here: 
pastedImage_4.png
It would be really helpful in terms of reducing amount of my time taken to report the numerous driver GUI / bug problems if the following form could be autofilled as much as possible. 

pastedImage_5.png
Also since you have a new WEB Based browser how about you open up a proper ticket based support system, supply a Report Ticket Number, and allow tracking to see what happens with this information.

That way more of your GPU users might take time to report actual experience using your GPUs and QA might be possible to improve your drivers.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

In Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 and below I can hover over Radeon FreeSync Button in Display to  determine the monitor freesyc range.
A popup will appear with the information:

pastedImage_2.png

In Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2: 

pastedImage_1.png

How do I get that information?

0 Likes
infectedshogun
Adept I

meh I don't even use this crap anymore its so damn bloated.

colesdav
MVP

Since I do not have all year to do it I submitted one report pointing to this thread and noted this: 

Issues with the New UI described here: https://community.amd.com/thread/246238

1. Font and GUI size not fit on 1080p or even 2K screen. 4K text too small.
2. Use of two buttons one describe one set.
3. Minimized menus which could have been fitted in the gui. Ones expanded leave the page, go back, minimized again.
4. Have to use scroll bar just to access settings.
5. Overclocking frequency slider gone for GPU CLK and VRAM CLK.
8. Incremental install from Adrenalin 2019 fails.
9. Windows 7 version of Adrenalin 2020 will not install on Windows 8.1.
10. Radeon Overlay causes drop to desktop, game freeze, and is unusable. No good versus Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 Radeon  Overlay / Performance Overlay.
11. Chill still broken and incurs a massive performance hit.
12. Boost crashes out multiple games such as Crysis, BF1. Looks like it might be working on Overwatch but no observable benefit seen.
13. Global FRTC missing and is needed to save power for DX11 CrossFire, for people who want to save power but cannot put up with low keyboard only input FPS with Chill. It is needed to prevent screen tear with Chill & FreeSync.
14. Performance Reporting starts automatically at game launch and is therefore useless data. Need to be able to keep them off at launch. Want to be able to run them manually.
15. Automatic GPU Overclocking does not crash my RX Vega 56 for once, because it is doing nothing at all. See the link I pointed to please.
16. Need ability to set single hotkey for Chill other than F11 for ergonomic reasons.
17. What does Global Boost Option do? Anything?
18. Browser bookmarking does not seem to work at all.
19. Overwatch hangs when running Boost.
20. Please add options to remove unneeded clutter from Home Page and Gaming Page Menus.
21. Game menu navigation and layout needs lots of work to improve ergonomics.
22. Keeps freezing and hanging - nothing to do with Enhanced Sync for me.
23. MultiGPU information not shown in Game Graphics Menu.
24. System Information Cannot Cut and Paste. Should be auto filled into this form.
25. Intermittent Black Screening when using Web Browser, watching Video, Gaming sometimes crashes PC completely. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Report Submitted.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I am walking away from Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 and uninstalling it for obvious reasons. 
I am reinstalling Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 now. 

Please add an uninstall option on the Adrenalin 2020 installer, or point to WagnardSoft DDU webpage and sponsor them for it.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I upgraded Windows 10 19.03 to 19.09. So I decided to have one last try at Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 before I remove it and reinstall Adrenalin 2019. 19.12.1. 

1. Incremental install of Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 from within Adrenalin 19.12.1 GUI worked this time after updating to Windows 10 Pro 19.09. Previously upgrading from within Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 on up to date Windows 10 19.03 build failed and took 3 hours of debug + DDU etc to get it installed.

2. This time - as if by magic. I now have frequency sliders for GPU and VRAM overclock:
pastedImage_1.png

3. Global FRTC is still missing.

0 Likes