cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

akeeller
Adept II
Adept II

Do you like the new interface of Adrenalin 2020 Edition?

Do you like the new interface of Adrenalin 2020 Edition?
Personally yes, but not too much. I like the idea and the single elements of the interface, but overall it’s quite a mess. Everything should be reorganized a little bit.

Tags (2)
454 Replies
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Do you like the new interface of Adrenalin 2020 Edition?

I think it is quite an achievement to go from the Adrenalin 2019 Settings and Radeon Overlay to this new Adrenalin 2020 mess. Outstanding.

There were a few improvements that could have been made to the Adrenalin 2019 interface but I though it was really good overall. 

I think this new Adrenalin 2020 interface is so so bad it feels like the Raptr AMD Gaming Evoled GUI has returned. 

Were any AMD Users actually asked about this change? 

This driver interface now puts me off using my existing AMD GPUs, never mind considering purchasing an RX5700XT when they have stable enough drivers and drop in price. 

I have so many questions, such as why was FRTC dropped when it is needed for Radeon Chill and CrossFire?
Or has AMD actually fixed low keyboard only input FPS in Chill so I do not need to set Chill Max to 300 just to get 45-55 keyboard only input FPS in game? Meantime if I use the mouse the FPS will shoot towards 300 and go > top end of FreeSync so I get screen tearing.

Why were the Global and Local Profile layouts changed? 

Also this thing looks like it is browser based, it certainly includes Tabs for a browser ... so how do I set browser security and privacy options? 

Are there any? 

Honestly this is really dissappointing.

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Compare these GUI layouts: 

pastedImage_1.png

Image result for amd gaming evolved app

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Is there any way to decrease the font size so I can fit the GUI into a 1080p screen without having to scroll to look at the mass of settings on one page? 

Example

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

The layout and look is bad, and as you can see the settings tabs are not even spaced correctly.  

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Where has the frequency percentage Slider gone for overclocking? 

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

wowbro
Adept I
Adept I

not. its crazy

pedro-nf
Adept III
Adept III

This new UI is an abomination. The installer is another mess, bugged and with no custom install options. Already reverted to the previous driver release.

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Starting with Windows 10 19.03 build up to date.
I just had the "usual experience" where trying to upgrade from Adrenalin 2019 (19.12.1, previous DDU and full clean install, working fine)  -> Adrenalin 2020 (19.12.2) incremental install failed.
pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png
I get pointed to this in browser to Error 1604, yet it says 104 in the GUI.

pastedImage_3.png

The failed install messed up the windows desktop, I lost all menu text:
pastedImage_4.png

I managed to reboot into safe mode.

Following that, I ran latest version of (DDU v18.0.2.0)  in safe mode followed by full install of Adrenalin 2020 (19.12.2) whilst disconnected from the internet.

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

pastedImage_8.png

That failed with the same error as before.

I reran DDU twice in safe mode and tried full install of Adrenalin 2020 again:
pastedImage_9.png

pastedImage_10.png

Running Microsoft Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter mentioned in the above AMD App note did not help at all.
I tried DDU again with full install and factory reset: pastedImage_11.png

That failed as well.

I managed to get Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 it install by running DDU in safe mode plus full install of Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 followed by a clean install of 2019 19.12.2 with Factory Reset turned on.

All of the above took about 3 hours.

Incremental install from Crimson -> Crimson ReLive, Crimson ReLive -> Adrenalin, Adrenalin -> Adrenalin 2019 also failed for me on different machines and various AMD GPUs in the past.
I reported this at the time.
Since Adrenalin 2020 release notes say the installer is much better I tried it out.

It isn't.

pedro-nf
Adept III
Adept III

I had basically the same experience, but on Win 7 x64. I thought they had been especially careless building the Win 7 installer, but after your post, it seems that we're all on the same boat...

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I will may try to install it on one of my i7-4770K machines with R9 Fury X / Nanos which I have set up to allow multiple OS (I have Windows 7, 8.1 (my main OS) and Windows 10).

I will let you know what happens.

The above install experience screenshots was with a Ryzen 2700X and a single primary GPU = PowerColor RX Vega 56 Red Dragon.

Bye.