cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

StepDownTA
Adept I

display signal lost while installing video drivers for Ryzen 7 5700G (APU/integrated graphics)

Summary of issue: Display signal is lost when installing video drivers for Ryzen 7 5700G (using integrated graphics.) I am currently only able to run Windows Basic Display Adapter & Driver on a new Windows install.

System Configuration:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (legally purchased, new install) APU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, no overclock CPU, GPU: using integrated graphics, trying to make use of APU for this Motherboard: Gigabyte X570SI Auros Pro v.1.1 with F3d BIOS. RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2x 32GB) DDR4 3200(PC4-25600) C161.35V PSU: LIAN LI SP 750 Performance SFX Monitor: Acer G205HD (old spare) BIOS: came with F2, updated to F3d

I've tried using the current WHQL driver for the APU, as well as older and newer drivers. None function.

Every time I install the video driver, my display signal is lost and I have to revert to Windows Basic Display Adapter/Driver to be able to use the system.

I have updated the BIOS & all other BIOS/chipset/audio drivers to the current Gigabyte update versions, without a problem. Both Gigabyte and AMD have APU drivers listed; I've tried installing both of them. I've tried both using AMD's and Gigabyte's detection/installation assist programs, and manually installing only the video drivers.

During any video driver install, the signal seems to be lost the moment the signal is passed to the new driver. Because some of these installs come with countdown timers, I've let them all run a few minutes after signal loss just in case they were still running and would reboot, to no avail.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Is there other graphics card installed?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Nope, no other graphics card installed. The PCIe slot is empty. My intention with this build was to use the integrated graphics, which is why I got the APU instead of a CPU.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Make sure you are grabbing AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com as well as iGPU drivers

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-5000-g-series-desktop-processors...

Maybe try running DDU and remove all things AMD GPU/APU .. reboot . .and then try running installing latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

IF you are running any antivirus other than the built in free Windows Defender.. I'd say uninstall it, but at least disable it during install process

Make sure your Windows install is up to date prior to installing drivers

You could also try turning XMP off in the BIOS and then try installing the drivers ..once drivers are successfully installed, then try turning XMP back on and see if it's stable

ThreeDee PC specs

Yep, that's the exact page I've been pulling the AMD drivers from. I abbreviated my troubleshooting steps so far, but have already used DDU to remove everything, rebooted, and tried to install the AMD.com drivers.

I have no other applications installed. I've been through multiple Windows reinstalls, and the DDU steps I used above were on a freshly updated Windows install. (I have to disable Windows auto-updates for the video drivers, because those have the same effect of losing the display-out signal upon loading. But all other Windows updates are installed.)

XMS support is disabled, also. My system is entirely unstable with XMS enabled, to the extent that it require a CMOS reset to get back to BIOS. To double check that I'm not dealing with bad RAM I'm rerunning memtest86+.

I am starting to suspect a bad APU, but do not know how to test that directly.

0 Likes

You may have a dud APU .. you might have bad RAM too

You could try with just one stick of RAM installed and see what happens

ThreeDee PC specs
StepDownTA
Adept I

I'll give one DIMM at a time a shot, but both DIMMs made it through 2 full passes of memtest86+ after ~5 hours with zero errors.

0 Likes