Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AlejandroM
Journeyman III

Display output lost after Windows updates

Spoiler

Hi there, hope you can help me. 

I buld a pc with a ryzen 3 2200g, mobo gygabite b450 asus pro wifi and 8gb of ram corsair Vengeance.

Well everything works just fine until windows update or I, using the app from the official drivers page install the drivers for the processor, after that, system ask me to reboot. Then after the mobo logo I lose all video, pc still working cuz I can se de led of sdd.

I already try to use an older driver, my mobo Bios is updated to the newest ver. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Just an FYI, but your 2200g is going to use up some of your 8GB's of system RAM. I recommend at least 16GB's .. especially if you plan on playing any games. I ran the 2200g in my daughters PC and I was surprised at how well it did with Fortnite and Destiny (and Minecraft was a given) .. but I ran 2 x 16GB 3000 rated sticks at 2833 

are you running 1 8GB stick or 2 x 4GB sticks?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I use just 1x8 stick, I was ready to buy another, but then i have this issue with the drivers, and I don't want to buy anything else until I can solve this (a couple days before it was working just fine, until windows update) 

0 Likes

you can run the DDU program and remove all past present AMD GPU drivers and THEN install latest GPU drivers

Make sure you are running the latest AM4 Chipset drivers from AMD.com

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

No, same as before, I ran windows in safe mode, use ddu to delete al the gpu drivers, then restart without network and install the latest version of adrenaline and install the latest drivers, when restar after the mobo logo, I have no video again (first I installed the latest version of the chips en b450 from amd) 

0 Likes

If you believe it was  a Windows 10 update causing your issue, try uninstalling the last Windows 10 update and use Microsoft Hide/Unhide App to prevent it from installing again from here: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_show_or_hide_updates_troubleshooter.html

BUT before hiding that Windows Update make sure your Integrated Graphics is now working again. IF it isn't then it wasn't the Windows update that is causing your problem and let Windows install that update again unless it was a Driver update.

Did Windows Update install a AMD Graphic Driver in the last Windows Update?

Here is the latest Ryzen 2200g Graphic driver from AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g...

By the way, your Ryzen 2200g is a ZEN processor so it isn't compatible with Windows 11.

I use just 1x8 stick, I was ready to buy another, but then i have this issue with the drivers, and I don't want to buy anything else until I can solve this (a couple days before it was working just fine, until windows update) 

0 Likes