buckthunder
Adept III

Re: Can;t install GPU drivers at all

Same issues with Beta driver

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

The Screenshot you sent me of your Motherboard BIOS home page shows you are using BIOS 2006.
That is the latest one.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

You should be able to add a soft reset button to that motherboard, based on the pins available on the motherboard.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Yes I thought that post might have been you.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

I suggest you ask a friend with an Nvidia GPU to help you out and see what happens if you attempt to install an Nvidia card on your PC.
I have AMD and Nvidia cards, and that debug test is very useful since so far it solves 100% of problems for me.

0 Kudos
buckthunder
Adept III

I'll give that a shot.  I'll keep you posted

colesdav
MVP

I am not sure if you tried setting your PCIe_16 slot to PCIe 2.0 speed yet in Motherboard BIOS?
Other than that I am ~ out of ideas.
Looks like AMD have messed up Drivers yet again or MSI have messed up their Navi cards again.

MSI were putting tiny thermal pads on the RXZ5700XT models which were causing cards to overheat and shutdown.
They did not do a product recall as far as I know.
If I were you I would just point the seller to this web page, tell them we have tried everything, and ask for your money back.

If you are going to try for an RX5600XT again, go for one from PowerColor or Sapphire as they are the only AMD AIB partners that consistently do a good job since RX Vega launch. Avoid ASUS, Gigabyte, XFX and MSI for Navi cards. They completely messed up. 

colesdav
MVP

Could you please update the system soecifications with the exact Windows Version reported by winver?
Currently you have posted this: Operating System & Version: Windows 10 latest version
I am going to try updating a copy of windows from 19.09 and I will test some of those drivers you mention on a new AMD GPU later this week.
I just want to make sure I test exactly the same Windows 10 build, 

Best of luck with getting a working GPU.

Bye for today.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: display goes black when installing driver system freezes

Is it feasable to try the GPU in a different system? It sounds like it might be faulty. 

0 Kudos
bakedlikelays
Journeyman III

Re: display goes black when installing driver system freezes

I have just ordered a replacement. Fingers crossed this one will work. I

dont have another system to test the GPU with, however it was working fine

minutes before I upgraded to x570 from b450.

0 Kudos