cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Flayz
Journeyman III

Display Error - SteamVR

Hey there - I recently upgraded to the 6800 XT from at 2070 Super, and a 5800X from a i7-8700, and have been having issues playing some VR games like VR Chat. It happens frequently enough that it's distracting, the image will freeze and skip for a fraction of a second. I looked at the status of Steam VR and I see I'm getting display errors. Those pink lines represent Display Errors according to Steam VR, which seems to be what the problem is. These problems have been happening since I upgraded to the 6800, and it hasn't gotten better with the CPU upgrade.

Steam VR Display Error.jpg

I'm currently running on a 6800 XT and a 5800X. I'm on the latest firmware and drivers, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Steam VR and VR Chat. I'm not sure what else I can do to fix this issue, or if I'm the only one having this problem.

Edit : I forgot to mention that I'm using the Valve Index.

2 Replies
Cyn
Journeyman III

Hey there, experiencing a very similar case to you. I upgraded from an i7-7700k, GTX 1070 to a Ryzen 7 6700x, Radeon RX 6750 XT and I’m running a Valve Index too. I am running into display errors that look exactly the same as yours in all games, their frequency seemingly depending on the graphics cards load.

Did you ever manage to find a solution to this problem?

0 Likes

There is no solution by AMD. If you want to enjoy VR you need to go to NVIDIA, AMD are years behind NVIDIA when it comes to drivers and compatibility with their GPUs and VR.

0 Likes