cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pear
Adept I

display drivers for amd E1-7010

Hi Everyone, I have an Acer XC-230, AMD E1-7010 dual core processor APU, with Radeon R2 Graphics. The pc came pre-installed with Windows 10, but I prefer Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I have downloaded that many different versions of AMD drivers and have not struck any that will just install the Display Driver. At the moment under Device Manager it shows Microsoft Basic Adapter, and I do not know which version I should be downloading that will just install with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

0 Likes
6 Replies

The last driver (will be no newer) for your apu on 8.1,

You'll find it on the drivers download page from

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Hi goodplay, Thank you for your reply and I have downloaded that driver package this morning, and it installs a few other things but not the display driver, and I get confused

about which file to open to find the driver in.

0 Likes

Try Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Make sure to read the note on Win update.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi again goodplay, Thank you for all of your help, and I have followed the instructions and downloaded Guru DDU and ran it and it worked really well uninstalling

what had been installed of AMD which was the AMD Install Manager, Quick Video Stream, HDMI Audio Driver and Raptr. I always have under Device Installation

to never install drivers from Windows Update, and have Windows Update set to check for updates but let me choose to install, and Windows Update is up to date.

The driver that Microsoft has installed as the display driver is from 2006, 6.3.9600.16384. I attempted once more to install the Crimson Relive 16.12.2 and it still

does not install the display driver, only the same things I have typed above. I had the antivirus turned off and windows firewall, and I now feel like throwing the pc

out of the window, as I have already used a few gbs of my monthly internet data trying to install a display driver. If I open Packages, Drivers, Display, the driver

shows under the info but there is a list of about 24 ati items and I have no idea where the driver is supposed to be. I have never had this trouble in Windows 7,

when I clean installed just downloaded from AMD and it installed the display driver.

0 Likes

I haven't used 8.1 for a couple of years, but the '2006' is just a MS driver store coding (it is not a 2006 driver).

If you downloaded/saved the full driver pack from AMD (not Raptr/Gaming Evolved(no longer supported)), there is no need to reinstal from the web as there should be a full copy on local disk. you can do a reinstall from that, choose custom install (or similar wording), tick the boxes (not Raptr) you want.

Now windows update, do you have this setting option(or similar wording),

.Net & MSVCR need to be up to date (maybe you need to reset win update to auto, let it do its thing) ?

For further troubleshooting,

Last of all, to completely remove 'raptr' How to remove raptr/gaming evolved

pear
Adept I

Hi goodplay, Thank you for all of your help and explaining about the MS driver store coding. I will have to leave it now until next month as I do not have a lot of

internet data left for this month, I am on a Satellite Dish, but I will take all of your good advice.

0 Likes