cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gvertes
Journeyman III

Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Hi there,

I've been getting this warning in the Event Viewer ever since I upgraded from gtx 550ti to an RX 5600 XT. I experience game crashes at random times when playing COD Warzone or Rainbow Six: Siege. The crashes sometimes happen after a few minutes, sometimes a few hours of gaming and sometimes I get nights of no crashes. In Warzone, the error thrown from the game is DEV ERROR 6068 stating that DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error.

I have tried many different things to try and identify the issue but so far nothing has worked:

- Reinstalled windows (2004 and 1901 versions) multiple times

- Tried about 10 different graphics card driver versions using DDU dating back to versions from over a year ago

- Tried all the settings recommended from the Warzone community; set video scaler to 0.5, underclocked gpu, run as administrator, turn settings all the way down, high performance mode, reinstalls of the game itself, disable in-game overlays, etc.

- I've actually even tried a GTX 2060 Super and had a similar error in the log so I am pretty sure it's not driver issues. Could it be RAM? PSU? HD? MOBO?

- CPU and RAM are set back to factory settings (no XMP set as I've already tried with both XMP on and off)

I have read a lot of posts about this but doesn't seem like anyone has been able to identify the exact root cause. I'm starting to think that there is a problem with some of my hardware but during stress tests, I get no crashes. I've run furmark on the GPU and OCCT I just ran for 1 hour with no errors detected.

The computer itself does not crash, just the games quit. I don't have much else to go on but if someone could please help me I would be very grateful!

MOBO: ASUS Z170-A

GPU: ASUS TUF RX 5600 XT

RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4

PSU: Corsair TX750

CPU: i5-6600k

Any data or tests that would help in identifying the root cause I would be happy to provide.

Thank you!

Gregg

0 Likes
0 Replies