donta1979
Elite

Display corruption Single Display Windows 10 with Crimson 16.1.1 Hotfix

Jump to solution

Seems like the new drivers released still didn't fix the Display corruption.=/

AMD R9 Fury X

Single 27" Samsung Display

Windows 10 Pro X64

I have an Acer 27" Freesync display on its way I hope this does not continue... I am tired of using clockblocker/unplugging HDMI cable, and turning VSR on/off to correct this...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Display corruption Single Display Windows 10 with Crimson 16.1.1 Hotfix

Jump to solution

We're still working on resolving this issue with the highest priority. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We're still working on resolving this issue with the highest priority. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jhereck
Adept II

Jump to solution

Lol it's a 8 months old bug, and AMD just recognise it since 16.1 drivers : have a look here : Re: Screen Flickering issue with R* and new drivers!

Send you card back in RMA if possible, or sold it and buy a Nvidia card if you want to avoid problems

0 Kudos
maceh
Elite

Jump to solution

i understand that you are working to fix the issue... but in my side, customer side, i feel that r9 fury is garbage!!!! sometimes i wrote inappropriate messages to AMD engineers and i sorry but please fix the issue soon

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

I love my Fury X yes its a little slower than a GTX 980 TI or a Titan X, but it is dead silent, runs cool, has the full workstation backbone that both the GTX 980 TI and the Titan X lack and why I got it.

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

Any time frame Matt?

waltc
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Heh...;) A quick visit to the nVidia forums proves that isn't so...;) 

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

The card is perfectly fine Jhereck go troll someplace else=)

My sweet temps of 50-55c at full load, able to play any game and use Autodesk Maya for my 3d modeling/asset creation/workflow needs without any issues at a $620 dollar price point vs a gimped Titan X $1000 dollar price point when it is lacking double precision and other workstation backbone features. The Titan X actually performs worse than a Fury X in Maya, My old GTX Titan Signature performs better than a Titan X with Maya that is pretty sad for a card with a MSRP of 1000 dollars, so bad when I asked Nvidia about it publicly and asked them why I should buy their card they just deleted my question and it resulted in me saying OK I will take my business elsewhere. The GTX 980 TI crashes constantly with Maya due to it missing all those core workstation features, its price point vs a Fury X as both a gamer and developer is a poor poor choice.

0 Kudos
cuda
Adept I

Jump to solution

AMD needs to get on the same page with their partners.  I have 2 support tickets with Sapphire about this issue to which they are having me RMA the Fury back to them for repair.  So after paying $25 for shipping on this process and now reading Matt's answer I do believe I just lit $25 dollars on fire.... For that matter I probably lit $500 on fire for buying this gimped card

0 Kudos
donta1979
Elite

Jump to solution

Yeah Riding the RMA train is pointless, not point... I would had been doing the same thing if I didnt read up on the display corruption issues, luckily the new Crimson 16.2 hotfix drivers fixes it.

0 Kudos