Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neverlucky
Adept I

Display adapters are not working properly

Hi,

I have this problem, my display drivers don't work as they are supposed to. Everything happened after my laptop crashed, I turned it back on again but resolution was changed to 800 x 600, so I was ganna change it to my recomended one which is 1366 x 768 but it was no longer recommended, it was gone. I tried reinstalling/updating all the drivers using programs like driver booster or driver pack solution but it did not work, so I just went to amd's website and tried to install video drivers from there first few times an error showed up saying that there was an error and not evrything could get installed, but eventually i did install them but now they are marked with a yellow triangle. One display adapter is amd radeon hd 6620g and the other one is amd radeon Hd 7600M both of them say that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" . Uninstalling them and searching for new drivers available didn't help same with trying to update them. I also can't put my pc to sleep nor hibernate mode.. If u need more info, or you know what could be causing the problem or how to fix it, feel free to help me out Pc.PNGDisplay.PNG

0 Likes
8 Replies

You don't update the graphics...you update the APU...which you didn't mention which one you have. INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Please read > Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Windows is now up to date *Btw I have uninstalled display adapters in safe mode, and windows automatically installed new ones.

Everything.PNG

tep.PNG

0 Likes

Your laptop has a Legacy APU which means that is is not supported by AMD anymore. The last known drivers was from 2015 & 2016. Legacy

What is the iGPU from your APU - HD 6620g and your Discrete GPU is the HD 7600M?

I would advise you to download the Drivers from the laptop's Manufacturer - Packard Bell which is a subsidiary of ACER manufacturer. Those drivers will correctly show the iGPU and dGPU on your laptop plus should work correctly or better than the AMD generic drivers for such an old laptop.

Surprisely Packard Bell still has their own website : Support Download

Here is a copy from Packard Bell Support showing all the drivers for Windows 7 for your Laptop:

EN TS11SB

Operating System

Need to know the hardware on your system to choose the right drivers?

LatestAll

CategoryVendorDescriptionVersionSizeDate
AudioRealtekAudio Driver6.0.1.6343109.2 MB2011/07/01Download
BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver (3.0)7.2.0.85108.7 MB2011/10/14Download
BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver (4.0)7.4.0.96177.5 MB2011/10/14Download
BluetoothBroadcomBluetooth Driver6.5.0.33163.6 MB2011/07/01Download
CardReaderBroadcomCard Reader Driver1.0.1.1211.8 MB2011/07/01Download
LanBroadcomLAN Driver14.8.0.511.0 MB2011/07/01Download
TouchPadELANTECHTouchpad Driver8.0.6.061.0 MB2011/07/01Download
TouchPadSynapticsTouchpad Driver15.2.17.592.0 MB2011/07/01Download
VGAAMDVGA Driver8.901.3.0000170.4 MB2012/03/29Download
Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver9.2.0.41944.7 MB2011/10/14Download
Wireless LANBroadcomWireless LAN Driver5.100.82.9533.6 MB2011/10/14Download
Wireless LANRealtekWireless LAN Driver2019.5.0223.201117.8 MB2011/07/01Download

I would try the later AMD drivers...you have a choice of two. Which one did you try and install?

This is how you choose the correct drivers Download Drivers

Clean install Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Hey,

Okey, so I have pretty much installed all of the drivers that are recommended for my laptop.

Capture.PNG

This is how it looks after I've installed them:

dadsdasdd.PNG

It says thiis for both of them: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

But to fix this I just need to download one of the 2 drivers and clean install it?

A.PNG

0 Likes

Soooooooo I've done exacly what was done in this video:How to Clean install/re-install AMD+Nvidia GPU drivers + software - YouTube with my drivers of course. This is what happened..

Capture.PNGtak.PNG

0 Likes

yes

0 Likes

I've tried to install both drivers but neither of them work, when installing amd steady video plug in fails to install and both of them end up saying "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

0 Likes