yousof577
Adept I

Discord Black screen on AMD A10-8700p, R7 M360, Radeon 21.4.1

Hello there,

I'm currently using a laptop with these specs:
CPU: A10-8700P
GPU: R7 M360
RAM: 8GB DDR3

Quite an old spec I know but I never had a problem with it since I don't game a lot. Mainly using it for studying purposes. Now, I installed the latest AMD Driver which is compatible with my hardware. I haven't updated in 2 years and after the update, whenever I want to share screen on discord, there will only be a black screen with my mouse only visible. I tried googling and used their solution but none has worked. I then decided to use AMD's DDU and launched discord with no AMD drivers installed and then Discord Share screen would worked normally. I installed Radeon Driver 21.4.1 again, the black screen would occur again. Is there a hotfix for this? I kinda wish that I would keep the updated my drivers and not return to a driver from 2 years ago.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have found the solution. I installed Driver Booster and updated several AMD related devices. I'm not sure why on earth installing AMD driver software on their website will not update these devices, but luckily to whoever that is experiencing what I'm experiencing this is what you will have to update:

1) AMDAS4 Device
2) AMD SMBus
3) AMD PSP 2.0 Device

Why wasn't it updated via AMD driver software? I have no idea. I used DDU and install the latest software but these devices somehow was not up to date. Anyways, the discord black screen issue is finally fixed. I hope anyone who is currently experiencing this find this solution helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Guess you have read about the discord, last couple windows update issues ?

Like nothing to do with AMD.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

It can't be. I have actually experienced this issue for months. Perhaps I misrepresented my facts above, I updated my drivers late last year, and only then the black share screen became an issue for me. I continued to update AMD drivers since. I always thought that it was a discord bug and soon they will be fixed. I only noticed that it's an AMD issue when I uninstalled AMD Drivers using DDU, launched discord share screen and it worked perfectly. When I installed the AMD drivers again only then share screen would have a black screen with only my mouse cursor visible.

Is there any information about "last couple of windows update" issues? I tried googling in but I found nothing.

0 Likes

I have found the solution. I installed Driver Booster and updated several AMD related devices. I'm not sure why on earth installing AMD driver software on their website will not update these devices, but luckily to whoever that is experiencing what I'm experiencing this is what you will have to update:

1) AMDAS4 Device
2) AMD SMBus
3) AMD PSP 2.0 Device

Why wasn't it updated via AMD driver software? I have no idea. I used DDU and install the latest software but these devices somehow was not up to date. Anyways, the discord black screen issue is finally fixed. I hope anyone who is currently experiencing this find this solution helpful.

0 Likes