cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Yod
Journeyman III

Disassembled and reassembled the PC to install the heatsink, problems with the video card

Chapter 1: Mounting the heatsink
New heatsink arrived. I unmounted the video card from the PCI port without detaching it from the cables (to which it is connected to the power supply I guess). After mounting the heatsink and reassembling the video card by simply inserting it in the entrance I started having problems.

Chapter 2:  The video card output not working right

After connecting the VGA of the display to the video card I was not receiving input, I tried different cables, even with the HDMI input, I tried different cables and different screens, nothing to do the problem was the video card. So I plugged the screen into the motherboard, updated the video card drivers and finally it worked I got the input.

Chapter 3: Something with the video card is off

After doing this, however, I noticed something that was not working correctly, the colors were more warmer than usual (I already use the blue light filter, but they are warmer than usual). Also for now I have tried Call of Duty: Cold War and Crash Bandicoot 4 and I have had two different results. As for COD: CW seems to run even better, as for Crash it has become unplayable. Essentially I held it perfectly before mounting the heatsink, but now it is unplayable, even at a minimum the fps and the fatigue of the pc remain the same. I noticed that the video card immediately reaches 100% - 80% usage when I play and in the task manager on the right in the GPU engine it says "GPU-1 3D" which I had never noticed before. Also the last problem is that in some videos or even in Crash, some very bright parts I think or in any case with specific colors the image is too bright, as if there was a glitch, the colors are burnt and too bright.

Chapter 4: I ask your help

I would like to know first if it is a hardware or software problem, also I would like to know what I can try to fix.

Translated with google translator

Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X 8gb VX (VAPOR-X R9 290X 8GB GDDR5 PCI-E TRI-X) is the video card

Italian version if you are italian.
Ho smontato la scheda video dall'entrata PCI senza staccarla dai cavi (a cui è collegato all'alimentatore immagino). Dopo aver montato il dissipatore e rimontato la scheda video semplicemente inserendola nell'entrata ho iniziato ad avere problemi.

Dopo aver collegato il VGA del display alla scheda video non ricevevo input, ho provato diversi cavi, anche con l'entrata HDMI, ho provato diversi cavi e diversi schermi, niente da fare il problema era la scheda video. Allora ho attaccato lo schermo alla scheda madre, aggiornato i driver della scheda video e alla fine ha funzionato ho ricevuto l'input.

Dopo aver fatto quest'operazione però ho notato qualcosa che non funzionava correttamente, i colori erano più
caldi del solito (già uso il filtro luce blu, ma sono più caldi del soltito) . Inoltre per ora ho provato Call of Duty : Cold War e Crash Bandicoot 4 ed ho avuto due risultati diversi. Per quanto riguarda COD:CW sembra perfino girare meglio, per quanto riguarda Crash è diventato ingiocabile. Essenzialmente io lo reggevo perfettamente, ma ora è ingiocabile, anche al minimo gli fps e la fatica del pc restano uguali. Ho notato che la scheda video subito raggiunge 100% - 80% di utilizzo quando gioco e nella gestione attività sulla destra in motore GPU esce scritto "GPU-1 3D" cosa che non avevo mai notato prima. Inoltre l'ultimo problema è che in alcuni video o anche in Crash, alcune parti molto luminose credo o comunque con dei colori specifici l'immagine è troppo luminosa, come se ci fosse un glitch, i colori sono bruciati e troppo accesi.

Vorrei sapere prima cosa se è un problema hardware o software, inoltre vorrei sapere cosa posso provare per risolvere.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yod
Journeyman III

up

0 Likes