cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chazzy2501
Adept I

Disable the Radeon Software via GPO for school

Have our first Ryzen PCs at the school, the first issue is that the Radeon Software allows control panel like abilities and has a built in web browser as well as the ability to launch software and overclock a monitor! 

The software just installs it self (as part of the drivers and I'll assume, driver updates)

These are not abilities I wish board teenagers to have access to. 

I need to stop the software from running but SRP and AppLocker (via GPO) both seem ineffective at stopping the software. 

Also the Radeon Overlay, no one wants that.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chazzy2501
Adept I

Reply for anyone else, applocker didn't work because I was using local policy for testing which does not apply to domain users.

But some helpful info for the future googlers

When blocking from a remote PC (without Radeon Software Installed) choose M$ calc, then customise the fields and use the publisher "CN=0A0B0503-04C2-4CCF-9BC2-4F164DC80FEE" put and astrix in the second (to block all) and 0.0.0.0 and above.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

What install option did you choose when manually install driver,

There are 3, 1 choice is driver only, 2nd is driver/minimal software install, 3rd is full driver/software install.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for the help but the software installed itself. I installed a vanilla Windows 10 education (enterprise) without drivers and let it fetch them. The default seems to install all the software. 

I'd made a faulty assumption when testing and now have AppLocker working

Installing the correct minimal install would be a clean solution but as it stands I can login (as a non pupil) and access the software. 

0 Likes
chazzy2501
Adept I

Reply for anyone else, applocker didn't work because I was using local policy for testing which does not apply to domain users.

But some helpful info for the future googlers

When blocking from a remote PC (without Radeon Software Installed) choose M$ calc, then customise the fields and use the publisher "CN=0A0B0503-04C2-4CCF-9BC2-4F164DC80FEE" put and astrix in the second (to block all) and 0.0.0.0 and above.

0 Likes