cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

octopops7
Journeyman III

Directx stoped working after chipset update

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 after i installed the last chipset update all my directx gamse stoped working even tho open GL gamse still work 

My system: 

GT 710    

16 Gb 3000 mhz ram

asrock steal legend mATX 

What should i do

0 Likes
4 Replies

Run DXDIAG.exe and attach DXDIAG.txt to your next reply.

Also post an image of GPU-Z to see if your GPU card has all the API's check marked as being enabled.

Run in an elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following command: SFC /scannow . This will check your Windows OS to make sure it isn't corrupted or missing core Windows files.

0 Likes

All is attached

0 Likes

i just tried lunching destiny 2 and it worked looks like only the

gamse that that i had downloaded before updating the chipset dont work any

more ill list what had before the chipset update and what i downloaded

after the update and what works and what doesnt:

had installed before chipset update:

CS:GO: doesnt work even after reinstall

Paladins: works

Valorant: doesnt work

TF2: doesnt work

black squad: doesnt work

warface: doesnt work

installed after chipset update:

destiny 2 Works

COD MW: works

WOW: works

0 Likes

In that case Re-download all the other games, if possible, and see if they all start working also.

Or see if all the games have a "Repair" feature on it which is similar to downloading the game.

I know in when I deleted Stange  Brigade I was able to download the game again from Steam.

From your GPU-Z, all the boxes that should be check marked are which indicates your Nvidia driver is installed correctly and enabling all the APIs.

According to your DXDIAG.txt these games are having issues:

1- Destiny2.exe

2- CSGO.exe - Faulting file is NVD3DUM.DLL - This comes up several times in the Diagnostic portion of DXDIAG and is the main problem showing.

3-Agent.exe

EDIT: Google NVD3DUM.DLL is part of Nvidia Graphics Driver. I found one Nvidia Forum with a similar GPU card as you in the same game: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/262149/csgo-crashing-randomly-nvd3... 

and from a Steam Thread with same error with .DLL: nvd3dum.dll game crash, out of options :: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Dyskusje ogólne 

0 Likes