cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bigbopper
Adept I

Different drivers for two GPUs installed

I have two RX580 GPUs in my system. They are working fine. Today I was looking at specs using GPU-Z. It tells me the two cards are using different drivers. The primary controller in PCIE1 is running Radeon latest beta driver. The card in PCIE4 is running the Windows driver. This surprised me.

Is this typical?

If not how would I install the driver for the card in PCIE4 as I see no way to select which card gets what when installing the driver.

I assumed the Radeon driver would be automatically installed for both AMD based cards.

I tried going into Device Manager, selecting the desired card, update driver, I have disk, and selecting the Radeon driver. It seems to have installed but GPU-Z still says it's running the Windows driver.

0 Likes
6 Replies

What are your cards?

Yes I would want to know what cards too?

What other specs:

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration. 

For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]
0 Likes

Boy how quickly I'm forgotten.

2 RX580 8G V1 cards

ASRock 990fx Extreme9 mb

AMD FX-8350 CPU

Windows 10 64 bit

⁣Reply to dadbrockway@gmail.com

Sent from BlueMail ​

0 Likes

Sorry the advice is just very different depending on the system configurations.

I would remove one card.

Run DDU from safemode.

Disconnect from the internet.

Install the driver for the one card with custom clean install.

Turn internet on restart.

Once the one card is running okay.

Turn off, and put second card in.

Turn off internet.

Restart, and install the driver with express install. Hopefully this gets them both.

0 Likes

What's DDU?

⁣Reply to dadbrockway@gmail.com

Sent from BlueMail ​

0 Likes

It is a 3rd party app used to easily and completely remove prior graphics driver software. Leaves a clean slate for a new install of the drivers. Works on NVIDIA and AMD systems. You can get it from Wagnardsoft_com. DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Good stuff, gotta run from safe mode. Read the instructions that come with it. Very straight forward just follow instructions. If you have any trouble finding just google, DDU.

0 Likes