cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

picklewickle
Journeyman III

difference between WHQL and BETA drivers

I have a ATI 5770. I got an alert for a new update for my GPU. 16.60 WHQL, and 16.60 BETA. I dont know which one to pick. Whats the difference between WHQL and BETA? Thanks.

0 Likes
8 Replies

But in your case the 5770 in Legacy card and the drivers offered are the last available AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products

As there will never be any newer drivers for your 5770 you would be better off disabling driver update notification.

And iirc the older 15. driver has Catalyst Control Centre user interface, the 16. driver has 'Crimson' UI. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

So, should I go for crimson UI or stay with catalyst?

0 Likes

That's subjective..

Though could test one then roll back if you don't like the performance of have other issues. 

0 Likes

I have both catalyst and crimson Ui. Would this be a problem?

0 Likes

Yes, it would need to be one then the other, not both. 

0 Likes

Let me clarify - I don't know how those are both working together since I'm not familiar with them. There's one version of the drivers that will open a cataylst control center if you want advanced features. This may be what you're looking at when you see both.

The radeon pro drivers do a similar thing, except the control panel is skinned properly.

0 Likes

Early versions of crimson had a sub menu of catalyst functions. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
SyahfizanAkmalAMD
Journeyman III

Differences between WQHL and Optional Drivers

AMD WQHL: Low peformance Gaming (50-90 FPS), Improved for Buisness, Editing and dll/etc...

AMD Optional: Improved for Gaming (50-200 FPS), Buisness, Editing and dll/etc...

AMD PRO Edition: Not bad for Gaming (50-100 FPS), Very good for Buisness and Editing or dll/etc...

AMD Legacy: Good for Gaming (40-130 FPS), Non-Improve for Buisness and Editing

AMD Ryzen APU/Kaveri: Very good for Gaming, Improved for Buisness and Editing or dll/etc...

AMD Ryzen 5 4000U/G/GE series APU: Very good for Gaming, Buisness, Editing and dll/etc...

0 Likes