cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xanxus64
Journeyman III

Did AMD discontinue support for RX590 with Adrenalin 19.7.1 ?

Tried to upgrade to win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.7.1-july7

from win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.6.3-june27

the installer said it partially installed the driver, but the radeon settings could not be found after the first restart,

So i removed the driver thinking to do a clean install, but 19.7.1 couldn't recognize my card,

so now i rolled back to win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.5.2-june3 WHQL

Also does RX590 support Automatic Low Latency Mode, AMD Radeon Image Sharpening, Radeon Anti-Lag ?

------

Windows10 Latest update

Sapphire rx590 nitro special edition (blue)

------

i am not the only one with this issue, i am part of a large gaming community, so when i wrote about my issues on our discord server, many rx590 owners replied that they are all having the same issue with the latest driver.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This is a bug and we are looking into it. Please roll back to the previous driver for now. 

We have an existing discussion on this issue which you can use to track status updates. 

http://community.amd.com/thread/240874

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
dyzson
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with the Sapphire Radeon RX 590 NITRO + Special Edition. The drivers went out during the upgrade. Now the card is not working and I can not install any drivers.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

The RX590 simply does not exist in the .inf file. I believe this is a result of sloppy coding as the RX590 is FAR from being a sunset (old) piece of hardware. Please see my thread here with screenshots of the .inf files of both 19.7.1 and 19.6.3.

Sadly this seems to be a growing trend at AMD. It's making me reconsider my lifelong dedication to AMD in general. I have never used NVIDIA but these kind of mistakes are making me reconsider.

It hasn't even been 1 year and they forgot it exists,

If the fix is a simple inf edit, why are they taking so long to release it ?

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Here's what you CAN do. You can simply install the driver for the RX580 in device manager manually, since it's the SAME chip and the same driver group, that being AMD67DF. As proof of this take a look at my screenshot of the inf file. I tried creating my own .INF file with the RX 590 name but it failed due to the hash being different in the corresponding .cat file. So until AMD decides to admit they made a mistake I'm stuck using a mis-labled driver for the 580.19.6.3_inf.jpg

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

We're aware of the issue and fix is being prepared.

Thank you!

0 Likes

If its not too much to ask, can you update this thread with the link to FIX when its available ?

0 Likes

Automatic Low Latency Mode, AMD Radeon Image Sharpening, Radeon Anti-Lag.

Which of the following features does rx590 support ?

0 Likes
kenster199
Adept II

When I had that problem it had something to do with the branding... C:/AMD/(the folder your AMD 19.7.1 is in)/Packages/CNBranding

Run those 2 files and reinstall the drivers and it should fix it

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This is a bug and we are looking into it. Please roll back to the previous driver for now. 

We have an existing discussion on this issue which you can use to track status updates. 

http://community.amd.com/thread/240874
0 Likes