cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance.

Sorry if somebody already tried to ask something similar but looking at it, i could not find anything lie the problem i am facing!

My rig is a AMD HD 78502GB, and Windows 10-64, 8GB RAM. I had a total system crash yesterday, during gameplay, and everything sttoped working, the screen became full of colorful pink/brown stripes and i had to restart the computer. After that, the Windows 10 cant log in again, and allways just before the Logon screen, it all becomes black screen (with no mouse point or whattever) or the colorful stripes appear.

Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode works perfectly.

Searching for support at Windows foruns etc, they sent me to try to update the graphics card. However, trying to update my AMD drivers, i try the Autodetect and also the Update Radeon Crimson 16.9.2, but both give me the error "Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance." I tried also a "clean uninstall" of amd drivers, but i cannot perform it, since i get the SAME message ("Detection driver error...").

I need help!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance.

Update: Looking around, i found that my problem is pretty the same as described here:AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 cause black screen before login screen Windows 10

So i tried the "clean unninstall" multiple times, and tried to reinstall the drives etc, but it allways get the black screen in the middle of the process of installing... after that i have to disable AMD again and again turning to basic windows video driver and etca.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Driver Detection Error can be resolved by following the troubleshooting steps listed in the linked document, and then updating to Crimson 16.10.1 which was released yesterday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks for the help but does it solve the problem of black screens whenever installing any amd drivers/login in Windows 10? Because this is the problem after all...

0 Kudos