cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance?

can you please help?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Detection driver error. Contact AMD for assistance?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I got an AMD 8 CORE
THE Video card is a HD7870
64 bit
I have to run in safe mode, and cant update drivers for video card, is there any more information you need to know?
How do I get it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

windows 7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

What were you trying to do that broke it ?.

Have you tried "system restore", or "last known good configuration" ?.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

AMD didnt warn me that the driver was going out of date, and my pc just turned itself off and I got a bad screen with bars on the screen. Now it only starts in safe mode, If I try to run it in normal mode it shuts down and then comes up that it didnt shut down properly.
I tried system restore, I dont know as much about pcs as some people but I am pretty sure this is a video card driver problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Oh I was playing Planetside 2 when it happened, I dont think it was an overheating problem, but I cant remember if I had the aircon on at the time, I think I did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please try the steps below to resolve your issue and perform a fresh installation of the latest drivers.

1. Run the Windows self check tool to check scan and automatically repair any corrupt files found in Windows. There is a guide on how to do it here.  What you need to do is run an elevated command prompt (elevated means run it as administrator) and type SFC /SCANNOW. This will generate a statement indicating if errors were found the Operating system and if they were fixable.

2. Make sure you have installed Microsfot NetFramework and Visual C++ 2013. These should be installed already, but they can become damaged, need repairing or reinstalling.

3. Update Windows. Install all available critical, recommended and optional updates. Often Netframework and Visual C are included in the recommended or optional updates Windows provides. Windows should always be fully up to date before installing our drivers!

4. Use the Windows Install/Uninstall repair tool. This can repair problems with the Windows Installer service and could be a reason for this error.

5. Use DDU to sweep the system of AMD drivers.

6. Attempt to install the latest Crimson 16.4.1 drivers once the above is completed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thinking back, this may have been a windows problem, but I hope I learnt something about AMD drivers, I am still following those steps, this has been tedious as.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It says that the windows service pack is already installed Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos