Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KajSnijders
Journeyman III

Desperate for help

Hello everyone!

A couple months ago I built my own PC, it cost me like 4 hours and around 800 dollars. These are my parts:

1. MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

2. AMD Ryzen 5 3600

3. Corsair 16 GB DDR4-2666 Kit

4. Asus DUAL-RX580-O8G

5. Cooler Master MWE 750 White

6. Kingston A2000 1TB SSD

7. Antec NX100 Midi Tower

Now when I'm playing games like CS:GO and Valorant, or any game, after a couple minutes my screen goes black, I can still hear the sounds but I can't control anything. I have to shutdown my PC completely for it to start back up. My GPU temperatures when shutting down don't exceed like 68-72 degrees celsius. I am desperate for help as I just want to play videogames like they have to be played

What I have tried so far:

1. Changing HDMI cables

2. Deleting and installing new drivers

3. Updating drivers

4. Going in to properties of CS:GO, Valorant and Assasin's Creed and other games

5. Reseated the GPU
  6. Playing with open case

Nothing has worked so far...

Does anyone know how to fix this? Anyhting would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
ScotchFury
Challenger

Sounds like a possible power issue..? Either not enough power from the PSU or an issue with the card. There have been quite a few similar issues mentioned on here recently, but they were for the XFX branded 580s.

They seem to solve the black screen, restart with them by dropping the clock & memory speeds slightly.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/xfx-gts-radeon-rx-580-8gb-triplex-edition/m-p/433219#M69659 

But screen blackout, few seconds then PC restart is exactly what my RX570 does when I push the mV a little low or it gets up around 80 - 83c.

@KajSnijders wrote:

Hello everyone!

A couple months ago I built my own PC, it cost me like 4 hours and around 800 dollars. These are my parts:

1. MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

2. AMD Ryzen 5 3600

3. Corsair 16 GB DDR4-2666 Kit

4. Asus DUAL-RX580-O8G

5. Cooler Master MWE 750 White

6. Kingston A2000 1TB SSD

7. Antec NX100 Midi Tower

Now when I'm playing games like CS:GO and Valorant, or any game, after a couple minutes my screen goes black, I can still hear the sounds but I can't control anything. I have to shutdown my PC completely for it to start back up. My GPU temperatures when shutting down don't exceed like 68-72 degrees celsius. I am desperate for help as I just want to play videogames like they have to be played

What I have tried so far:

1. Changing HDMI cables

2. Deleting and installing new drivers

3. Updating drivers

4. Going in to properties of CS:GO, Valorant and Assasin's Creed and other games

5. Reseated the GPU
  6. Playing with open case

Nothing has worked so far...

Does anyone know how to fix this? Anyhting would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes