cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

steel3jones
Journeyman III

Dell G5 SE with Radeon RX 5600m - Every single reboot

Before I begin, ive already done the youtube and steps by going to make sure the Regedit driver value and the driver version in device manager are the same - THEY ARE THE SAME.

Literally EVERYday or most everytime i reboot the laptop, i get this error and have to to a clean uninstall using the AMD Cleanup utility, reboot, run, reinstall Radeon Software, reboot and im good to go till the next time i reboot, sometimes twice.

DRIVER SOFTWARE AND DRIVER DO MATCH and the software will not open.  

Is there something else out there that can be done if the driver in regedit and device manager match?, Yes ive also go into device manager, right click properties and reinstalled the driver, rebooted and i get the same thing.

Anyone have a REAL solution ?

0 Likes
4 Replies

When you used DDU did you have the Internet disconnected and also deleted the previous AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD?

Also try using a Registry cleaner like CCleaner (free version) to remove any AMD registries that DDU might miss.

Sounds like an incomplete removal of the AMD driver and its registry keys.

Here is the latest AMD driver for the RX5600M GPU: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5000m-series/amd-radeon-rx-5000m-series/amd-radeo...

It is always best to use your Laptop's Support AMD driver rather then AMD generic laptop driver which is generally a basic VGA driver.

NOTE: When the laptop reboots any error messages popping up?

0 Likes

So what i did was, a complete REINSTALL of windows from scratch.  Everything was great till reboot overnight, woke up to driver mismatch again.

so frustrating beyond belief on this brand new laptop

0 Likes

I would love to have an AMD tech remote onto my PC.

Ive used the Utility cleaner in safemode to remove, i used CC Cleaner to remove and i watched closely as it saw AMD registry edits being removed.  Ive reinstalled several versions, NOTHING is working.

0 Likes

Try running Dell's own Laptop Diagnostics on your laptop and see if anything pops up.

0 Likes